Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalties (and other stats)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 109 Guests

Penalties (and other stats)

This thread currently has 898 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
RichMariner
April 11, 2018, 5:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,161
Gold Stars: 211
Our poor season has masked the fact that we've won a lot of penalties.

I did a quick count of the ones I can find from looking through our results - think it's 10 in all competitions (9 in league, one in that trophy competition), and Sam Jones missed 2 of them. Are there any other misses I've forgotten about?

So I think 7 of our 34 league goals this season have been penalties - so 1 in 5 of our league goals have been spot kicks.

It also means that we've scored just 27 goals from open play in 42 games.

We've scored the least amount of goals at home in the league (16 in 21 - of which 4 were pens, so just 12 goals from open play at BP this season), won the fewest games at home in the league (5 in 21) and, unsurprisingly, have the worst home record in the league (23 points from a possible 63 so far).

Interestingly, we haven't scored a goal between the 16th and 30th minute all season, home or away. So don't bet on that market!

It's a pretty shocking season all round and it's a miracle that we're not in the bottom two given those fairly damning stats.

Hopefully we're now on an upward curve and better (and more entertaining) times are ahead.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Rodley Mariner
April 11, 2018, 5:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Hooper missed against Exeter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
promotion plaice
April 11, 2018, 5:15pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200

Then there was all those red cards at the start of the season, I wonder where we are in the red card league now ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
mike502
April 11, 2018, 7:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +328
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Then there was all those red cards at the start of the season, I wonder where we are in the red card league now ?

Yeovil have 9. We and Luton have 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Maringer
April 11, 2018, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Didn't Rose miss a penalty this season as well? Or am I just imagining that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
arryarryarry
April 11, 2018, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from RichMariner
Our poor season has masked the fact that we've won a lot of penalties.

I did a quick count of the ones I can find from looking through our results - think it's 10 in all competitions (9 in league, one in that trophy competition), and Sam Jones missed 2 of them. Are there any other misses I've forgotten about?

So I think 7 of our 34 league goals this season have been penalties - so 1 in 5 of our league goals have been spot kicks.

It also means that we've scored just 27 goals from open play in 42 games.

We've scored the least amount of goals at home in the league (16 in 21 - of which 4 were pens, so just 12 goals from open play at BP this season), won the fewest games at home in the league (5 in 21) and, unsurprisingly, have the worst home record in the league (23 points from a possible 63 so far).

Interestingly, we haven't scored a goal between the 16th and 30th minute all season, home or away. So don't bet on that market!

It's a pretty shocking season all round and it's a miracle that we're not in the bottom two given those fairly damning stats.

Hopefully we're now on an upward curve and better (and more entertaining) times are ahead.

Which goes to confirm just how crap we have been.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Skrill
April 11, 2018, 8:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
I remember that missed penalty by Sam Jones against Crawley that would have won us the game.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 11, 2018, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Scrub 2 of the penalties out.

Harry Kane has claimed them

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalties (and other stats)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.