Ray Wilkins

This thread currently has 1,176 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
robborhino
April 7, 2018, 8:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Not sure why there wasn't a minute applause for Ray Wilkins today, true he wasn't a Grimsby player but the majority of the football league did it and he did get over 80 caps for England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
April 7, 2018, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I agree it should have happened. Maybe the club was so focussed on this game it slipped everyone's mind?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 8
ginnywings
April 7, 2018, 9:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob
I agree it should have happened. Maybe the club was so focussed on this game it slipped everyone's mind?

Yeah, it slipped my mind, i must admit and i was a big fan of Butch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Grantley
April 7, 2018, 9:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
They showed a picture of him on the screen before the game but I did think it was strange that there was no silence.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
FishOutOfWater
April 7, 2018, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
To be honest as I came in to the ground ( about 5 to 3 ) I noticed that there was some applause going on

Maybe that was what it was but by the time I'd got through the turnstiles and taken up my seat in the Pontoon the music was being blasted out so I didn't give the applause a second thought
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 8
robborhino
April 7, 2018, 10:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Don't recall seeing pic on the screen  (but have to take your word for it) either way poor communication somewhere down the line, though I know certain person can just blame someone else for his balls up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
cleethorpes_mariner
April 7, 2018, 10:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from robborhino
Don't recall seeing pic on the screen  (but have to take your word for it) either way poor communication somewhere down the line, though I know certain person can just blame someone else for his balls up.

Only one person balls up minutes applause but ill leave it there, for some reason the club decided not to have one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
LH
April 7, 2018, 10:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
To be honest as I came in to the ground ( about 5 to 3 ) I noticed that there was some applause going on

Maybe that was what it was but by the time I'd got through the turnstiles and taken up my seat in the Pontoon the music was being blasted out so I didn't give the applause a second thought

Jack Lester came out early to greet the Chesterfield fans. Got a good ovation from all four sides.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Skate skinner
April 7, 2018, 10:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
The picture of Ray Wilkins came on the screen the same time as Jack Lester came on the pitch. To be honest I think most of the town fans didn't see the picture on the screen and showed there respect to Jack. Its a pity the new PA system didn't announce either as I'm sure the fans would of liked to applaud both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ray Wilkins

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.