moosey_club
April 1, 2018, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Can't see another thread for this......

given that its a british fighter looking to unify three belts at World Heavyweight very suprised it hasnt made a thread already......

in the end...pretty boring and uneventful fight...very disappointed in Joshua despite the win. Joshua needs to open up and box more freely IMO...went out this evening looking like he didnt want to lose as opposed to he wanted to win.....had to check Hurst wasnt in his corner.

Despite that could make for some interesting fights this year though.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
April 1, 2018, 12:36am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
Boring fight but that’s because of the referee stopping anything from happening. I don’t think the drop in weight helped AJ and some of the punches he did manage to land would have been more devastating with some weight/strength behind them. Another one ticked off for Joshua and it has to be Wilder next.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Grim74
April 1, 2018, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Agree that the ref spoilt the fight I suspect he was hand picked to give Joshua an advantage, Joshua is a very good fighter but I dont go with the hype he's some kind of boxing legend he's a clever fighter who boxed with his brain last night by doing the minimum required by keeping Parker away with his strong jab, then as soon as Parker moved in for an exchange in stepped the ref! I thought Povetkin looked dangerous last night and probably ended David Price's career, with a impartial ref he would give Joshua a good fight.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
topuphere666
April 1, 2018, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
The Price KO was one of the most brutal I’ve seen. It was a decent tear up prior to that.

As for AJ, it was a boring fight for the watching fan but technically he did very well. Boxed behind a jab and controlled the movements. I was disappointed ted with Parker though, I thought he might have gone for it in the latter rounds knowing he was behind on the cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Rick12
April 2, 2018, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Fair play to Joshua.By all accounts kept Parker at bay behind his jab

Think Wilder and particularly Fury will be the true tests though

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joshua vs Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.