1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
scrumble
March 26, 2018, 9:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Are there any HETAS fitters in the room?

Would you reasonably expect CO to leak from a log burner during high winds. I'm not talking about a small leak, I'm talking about enough to fill a large cafe with vaulted ceiling and set of a CO detector

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
July 31, 2018, 10:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from scrumble
Are there any HETAS fitters in the room?

Would you reasonably expect CO to leak from a log burner during high winds. I'm not talking about a small leak, I'm talking about enough to fill a large cafe with vaulted ceiling and set of a CO detector

Not a HETAS fitter but if your CO detector is going off best stop using the log burner. Badly fitted log burners can cause potentially lethal carbon monoxide poisoning. You are exposing yourself to serious health risks by being exposed to CO. Carbon Monoxide strips the blood cells of oxygen, a silent killer. Part of my job is managing engineers working with gas appliances, CO fills up from the roof down, rule of thumb is if the CO alarm goes off, open doors and windows, turn off appliances and get out of the room, 1% CO in a room can be fatal. I can't express how serious this is. Were is your CO detector, it should be placed high up, this will give you more time to get out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Log burner question

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.