2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Spidey
March 10, 2018, 6:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 4
Ashamedly this was my first game of the season, and I did at first think how could anybody possibly be any worse, even Hooper, but now on reflection and reading the above posts I agree, he did put a shift in for no real reward, though I think he only started performing from 70 minutes onward. Is he usually a bit more mobile, didn’t seem to have much speed about him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
MarinerMal
March 10, 2018, 6:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
He did much better when Cardwell came on for Dembele. I don't think he did that well before that but to be fair to him he was being isolated especially in the first half when the midfield sat too deep. Also, our delivery from set pieces was terrible today so we never got a chance to see him cause problems in the box until later in the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
mimma
March 10, 2018, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,571
Gold Stars: 78
How the ref missed the holding on him in the penalty area near the end I do not know. Every little contact he gave a free kick. The goalie came flying out dived full length to punch it out caught a Town player and he gives a free kick. Then the centre half links him arms around Matt's chest but because it was in the area didn't give it. Unbelievable Jeff!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
headingly_mariner
March 10, 2018, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Very frustating player for me. Often not enough of a handful for his size. Was much better when Cardwell came on to support. Thought Cardwell played really well when he got on. Both need a goal though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Teestogreen
March 10, 2018, 6:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Matt had exactly the same treatment at Accrington earlier this season and the ref kept penalising him, rather than the offending centre back (couldn't understand it myself).

However, Matts job (hopefully of scoring goals) is not made any easier by the pedestrian defence movement. Overall, I reckon MJ (with his selections today) has the intelligence to resolve the Grimsby Town survival.

He needs a creative player to assist Berrett in midfield and I'm hoping it is Clifton (never seen him play) - if the team can be playing more in the opponents half rather than ours than that would be great. To enable this, then one of the older centre backs needs to be removed and Suliman (who obviously is a very good prospect) put in place - he may feel more comfortable if with 1 older pro rather than 2. This change, I believe would enable the release of a more attacking Town.

Only a few games to go but Town can stay up - definitely.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Cod Cheeks
March 10, 2018, 7:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Ran his heart out again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
northbankmariner
March 10, 2018, 7:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Jamile Matt was badly isolated in the first half,  his marker was getting away with murder in holding him and climbing on him, which if the referee isn't going to penalise was free to do all day. Himself and dembele were often too far apart so any ball he did win was going straight to a vale player. Dembele is not a number 10, no way. In the second half as the game went on he was getting more help from Clifton an cardwell offering support, this showed some value to his play. Unfortunately he played most of the game with his back to goal and their defender upto the last 15 mins pretty much had him in his pocket. He does not deserve the abuse he just needs a strike partner in a 4-4-2 formation. Which he got when cardwells energy was assisting him.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2018, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Not a lone striker or hold up man IMHO but I like his application and his heart, hope he has a decent finish to the season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamile Matt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.