SheepGTFC
February 19, 2018, 3:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

Sad to say but that team would urine all over our current squad.

Sorry but apart from Bennett and Newey that squad is gash. I think both the current and this squad are as dire as each other personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
dapperz fun pub
February 19, 2018, 6:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Sorry but apart from Bennett and Newey that squad is gash. I think both the current and this squad are as dire as each other personally.

I remember Newey mouthing off to the fans , maybe it’s that Grimsbyitis the gimps talk of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
golfer
February 19, 2018, 7:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
It is not so much that we are now a bad team it's the fact that every team we play now is world class in league 2. You can  now see why all other teams in our division spend millions on getting a team that is world class-it is nothing to do with managerial expertise-I can see us going places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
headingly_mariner
February 19, 2018, 10:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
That's a fairly shite squad as well. It is tiny when compared to this one though. I think this squad is way more expensive as well. Money should have been spent on improving that squad, instead it got worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Ipswin
February 19, 2018, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from RexFannies
I can not ever remember a time following Town that I actually didn't have a favourite player. There are none at the moment.

That is a very very good, and sadly accurate, observation.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
Gaffer58
February 19, 2018, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
If you watched any of Rochdale yesterday they played a decent type of football and they are bottom of league 1, obviously with a few games in hand, so how many would the scunts beat us by at the moment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
RoboCod
February 19, 2018, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I see little difference between the two teams. The team from then was poor with just a bit of talent spread throughout the team. But lacking passion and care for their club, as displayed at Burton on that day.
This team is the same, perhaps lacking a little more in skilled/experienced players (as our last boss showed them the door), and should we face another 'Burton' we'll see them fold again, and those with any modicum of talent will ride off into the sunset to the new club that their agent has prepared for them weeks in advance. Again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
1mickylyons
February 19, 2018, 12:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RoboCod
I see little difference between the two teams. The team from then was poor with just a bit of talent spread throughout the team. But lacking passion and care for their club, as displayed at Burton on that day.
This team is the same, perhaps lacking a little more in skilled/experienced players (as our last boss showed them the door), and should we face another 'Burton' we'll see them fold again, and those with any modicum of talent will ride off into the sunset to the new club that their agent has prepared for them weeks in advance. Again.

That`s NOT the team from Burton Robo or anything like it.Whilst not the best that side at least tried and had plenty of willingness and a good sprinkling of youth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
RoboCod
February 19, 2018, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
This team TRIES though Mickey.  The first 10-15 minutes of almost every game shows that. The team that went down tried, and succeeded at home to Barnet with a tense but superb win. And that was that.  I doubt this team could win that game, or possibly WILL win it when we meet Barnet again soon.
But yes, the balance and setup of this current team is much worse, however the sum total is virtually the same.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
1mickylyons
February 19, 2018, 12:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RoboCod
This team TRIES though Mickey.  The first 10-15 minutes of almost every game shows that. The team that went down tried, and succeeded at home to Barnet with a tense but superb win. And that was that.  I doubt this team could win that game, or possibly WILL win it when we meet Barnet again soon.
But yes, the balance and setup of this current team is much worse, however the sum total is virtually the same.

Could well just be hindsight but both the two other horror teams could score goals and you can see that within the squad.Someone did a midfield comparison and I cant see a goal in this midfield at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team from 10 years ago

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.