Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Red Lion, Histon
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Algernon Sweetings, Badger57, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, Bigdog, blackandwhitelaces, buckstown, Cambs Mariner, cannylad68, Cayman_mariner, chaos33, Civvy at last, Dan, denni266, Fulwood Mariner, Gaffer58, getagrip, Googlebot, Grantley, grimps, grimsbybrown, GTFCChris, gtfcmd, GyMariner, gytone, hheh2, HistonMariner, horsforthmariner, immariner, jaygy, JMT, jock dock tower, killingholmemariner, Kris2, Lambretta Mariner, louth_in_the_south, Mariner47, mariner91, MarinerBen, Meza, mickyj1949, MidnightMariner, mike_d, Mikoo, Numanoid, oochiad, Peeler_Crab, ponnyfan, promotion plaice, Quagmire, realist, RoboCod, RonMariner, sapper mariner, Saudimariner, scott_gtfc_89, Shilts, Ships Cat, SilsdenMariner, Sir Alan, Skrill, Southwark Mariner, SpudUDontLike, Swansea_Mariner, Teestogreen, TheRealJohnLewis, tintowner, Tom13, toontown, Toppy, Trickytrev, webbit and 224 Guests

The Red Lion, Histon

This thread currently has 1,304 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
February 14, 2018, 5:15pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 5.07
Rep Score: +103 / -21
Approval: +5,163
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but I'm told that The Red Lion at Histon has changed hands.

Is it true? Used to enjoy a pre-match pint or 2 in there the time we played Histon and when we've played at Cambridgre in the past.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £15288.52

LATEST DONATION - FROM COLLECTION TIN ON COUNTER AT WORK - FEBRUARY 2018 AMOUNT RAISED £69.72

Logged Offline
Private Message
Rob_in_Grimsby
February 14, 2018, 5:23pm Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +255
Quoted from Les Brechin
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but I'm told that The Red Lion at Histon has changed hands.

Is it true? Used to enjoy a pre-match pint or 2 in there the time we played Histon and when we've played at Cambridgre in the past.

This was posted on Facebook

Next Saturday at Cambridge. The Red Lion Histon have said that This year the B&W Army are not so welcome at that particular place as they are now under new management, So Mark (former landlord)has arranged something similiar at another pub in the village.
The Railway Vue, 193 Station Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9NP. 01223 232426

NB. Impington is the same village as Histon. Landlord Dean will make a DONATION TO THE MARINERS TRUST. There is plenty of parking with good access. He will be open from 11am to welcome one and all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Les Brechin
February 14, 2018, 5:29pm Report to Moderator

Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

This was posted on Facebook

Next Saturday at Cambridge. The Red Lion Histon have said that This year the B&W Army are not so welcome at that particular place as they are now under new management, So Mark (former landlord)has arranged something similiar at another pub in the village.
The Railway Vue, 193 Station Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9NP. 01223 232426

NB. Impington is the same village as Histon. Landlord Dean will make a DONATION TO THE MARINERS TRUST. There is plenty of parking with good access. He will be open from 11am to welcome one and all.

Cheers, hadn't seen that.

LATEST DONATION - FROM COLLECTION TIN ON COUNTER AT WORK - FEBRUARY 2018 AMOUNT RAISED £69.72

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Cloudy
February 14, 2018, 5:39pm Report to Moderator
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.07
Rep Score: +12 / -7
Approval: +3,642
It was also posted on a couple of threads on here
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
HistonMariner
February 14, 2018, 5:41pm Report to Moderator
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: +193
I sold the Red Lion before the start of the season.
The new regime is not particularly welcoming of football supporters. Because of this l arranged as quoted in the post
from Rob_in_Grimsby above, a welcome from the Railway Vue. All relevant details are in his post.
It would be great if the day witnessed THE RETURN OF OUR DRUMMER. If it would help to encourage his return I will bring a tenner with me to purchase “a Cream Soda” to share with him.
Safe journeys everyone. UTMM.
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Les Brechin
February 14, 2018, 5:46pm Report to Moderator

Quoted from Cloudy
It was also posted on a couple of threads on here

Must have missed them. Must be more alert!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2018, 8:02pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.81
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +8,397
Quoted from HistonMariner
The new regime is not particularly welcoming of football supporters. Because of this l arranged as quoted in the post
from Rob_in_Grimsby above, a welcome from the Railway Vue. All relevant details are in his post.
It would be great if the day witnessed THE RETURN OF OUR DRUMMER. If it would help to encourage his return I will bring a tenner with me to purchase “a Cream Soda” to share with him.

Isn't that grooming?  

FREE THE SISH ONE!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 14, 2018, 9:22pm Report to Moderator

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.58
Rep Score: +56 / -16
Approval: +1,991
Why has the drummer/s stopped attending away games?

#ValentinesDay

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I support my local football club,
And you should do too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
moosey_club
February 14, 2018, 9:32pm Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.94
Rep Score: +60 / -16
Approval: +7,903
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Why has the drummer/s stopped attending away games?

I dont know......why has the drummer stopped attending away games ?

2017/18  WLLLWLWWLDDWDWDDLLWWWDLDLLLLDLLDLL

2016/17  WLLLWDWLWWLDWLDDWDLLLWDWWLWLDLDWLWLWLDDLWWLWLD

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
moosey_club
February 14, 2018, 9:36pm Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.94
Rep Score: +60 / -16
Approval: +7,903
Quoted from HistonMariner

You might want to tell the O.S as they are advertising you as the landlord and the Red Lion is welcoming supporters .

2017/18  WLLLWLWWLDDWDWDDLLWWWDLDLLLLDLLDLL

2016/17  WLLLWDWLWWLDWLDDWDLLLWDWWLWLDLDWLWLWLDDLWWLWLD

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Red Lion, Histon

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.