1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
d3d4
February 5, 2018, 8:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +40
Hi all,

This is the latest article by Shaun. Another good read by a fan that clearly cares about the club.

[url]http://d3d4football.com/a-new-low-by-shaun-bennett/[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
February 5, 2018, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from d3d4
Hi all,

This is the latest article by Shaun. Another good read by a fan that clearly cares about the club.

[url]http://d3d4football.com/a-new-low-by-shaun-bennett/[/url]

Do you enjoy telling us what we already know or do you think we're such neanderthal, knuckle-draggers that newspapers, t'interweb and social media don't reach these parts?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
d3d4 you don't interact on this forum so why should we spend time reading yours.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
pen penfras
February 5, 2018, 10:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
I've read through the article. Some of it is quite funny and the author tries to be balanced. It's quite poorly written, lots of typos. It's a bit too much of the author's opinion for me, lots of the statements are more suited to a forum environment than a news article, but I guess it's supposed to be a column style piece and that's not my cup of tea.

I find it a little strange that 3 of your last 17 articles are on Grimsby Town. All of them seem to be jumping in with the current disharmony. The 2 previous to this are terrible articles, full of the inane ramblings of an unhappy fanatic. Mostly talking rumour and opinion rather than anything tangible. It's almost like the research has been reading this forum. These have absolutely no balance to them and I won't be wasting my time reading anything on that website again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
MuddyWaters
February 5, 2018, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pen penfras
I've read through the article. Some of it is quite funny and the author tries to be balanced. It's quite poorly written, lots of typos. It's a bit too much of the author's opinion for me, lots of the statements are more suited to a forum environment than a news article, but I guess it's supposed to be a column style piece and that's not my cup of tea.

I find it a little strange that 3 of your last 17 articles are on Grimsby Town. All of them seem to be jumping in with the current disharmony. The 2 previous to this are terrible articles, full of the inane ramblings of an unhappy fanatic. Mostly talking rumour and opinion rather than anything tangible. It's almost like the research has been reading this forum. These have absolutely no balance to them and I won't be wasting my time reading anything on that website again.

A very erudite response. You took ACCOUNT of all of the article.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
d3d4
February 5, 2018, 11:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +40
In fairness it is an opinion piece and I don't dictate what any fan wants to write. I would be happy to accept any article from other fans  that might offer a different opinion.

A lot of the fans that write for my site are young aspiring writers so perhaps not all their articles will be to the highest of standards in terms of structure etc but it is nice to see so many willing to give it a go and have a say on their club.

I appreciate the feedback tbh but like I said it is the opinion of the writer. Many of you may have a different take on things and I would love to hear it.

cheers
James
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A New Low by Shaun Bennett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.