moosey_club
February 5, 2018, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I've seen Kelly a few times this season and on each occasion I though he was dire, in fact that's being kind. I remember writing on here than I couldn't remember a player that offered so little to a team, he couldn't shoot, he couldn't pass, he couldnt/wouldn't tackle, he was weak... I could go on. It angers me that he will potentially be collecting a wage for the next 16 months with little chance if getting near the first XI.

Saw him pre season...first time i gave him the benefit of the doubt i think.....second time i thought i was right first time and when i saw a rare appearance in the first team i thought definitely right first time.
The fact that Woolford was brought in pretty quickly to "strengthen" those wide positions says it all to me......and bearing in mind none of his competitors have nailed the position down for themselves he should have the impetus to go and grab the shirt and make it his own.  The fact he either hasn't or cant tells a story.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
ginnywings
February 5, 2018, 4:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Who knows, he may do a Summers type Phoenix from the ashes revival. I've seen stranger things in footy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
sonofmadeleymariner
February 5, 2018, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Theres a reason he doesn't play, he's excrement. Theres a reason Vale didn't bother to try and retain his and Hoopers services when they were relegated.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
moosey_club
February 5, 2018, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Theres a reason he doesn't play, he's excrement. Theres a reason Vale didn't bother to try and retain his and Hoopers services when they were relegated.

get off the fence  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Vance Warner
February 5, 2018, 8:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,797
Gold Stars: 102
I don't buy this idea that we got him on Wilko's recommendation. Slade's the manager so he should have checked him out properly before we signed him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
arryarryarry
February 5, 2018, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RichMariner
Slade doesn't seem to fancy DJ either - another (likely) Wilko recommended signing.

It seems to me like Slade only wants to play his players. 'If you were signed by Bignot, Hurst or recommended by Wilko, sorry, don't want you. Won't even try and work with you, or coach you..

That type of attitude.

Not sure it explains Berrett and Summerfield although this time last year we could have named a starting XI full of central midfielders. Now we lack quality and depth in that department.

It's been an extremely odd season all round and Sam Kelly represents just one tiny fragment of it.

I'd like to know who the frig recommended Hooper.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
ginnywings
February 5, 2018, 10:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'd like to know who the frig recommended Hooper.

He's still only 1 goal behind Matt, which i think sums up our season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Swansea_Mariner
February 5, 2018, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Anyone know why the transfer broke down?

If he's never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to play and he's unhappy about that then let's find someone, somewhere, somehow, who can take him on. Come on Sladeball earn some of that allegedly overblown salary!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Kelly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.