1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Cloudy
I too dont think Slade will be sacked today or anytime soon.

The board think they are strong when in effect I think they have lost all sense of reality. If we stay up they think they will be vindicated.

If they get rid of Slade where do we go from here. We still have a non chairman who isnt a leader, just a control freak.

Leaders inspire others, engage with their customers open and honestly and ensure others within their teams are driven to deliver.

Head in the sand and bully boy tactics that it is the fans fault for not getting behind the team

Given it`s now dinner time I think you are right and it`s not strong leadership it`s pish weak leadership I know because I have seen it for 15 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
headingly_mariner
January 31, 2018, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob
It can only be he has some ridiculous clause in his contract saying we have to give him a small fortune to sack him. If that's the case it's a stupid thing to give someone as it's in their interest to fail  

It will be the cost and the terror of making a change. A new manager will be unable to make any changes to the squad and is not guaranteed to produce a swift upturn in results.

So far it looks like we have had a shocking window and the board have clearly not put their money in to follow up the statement of backing they made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 12:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
It's all hot air as usual. Still waiting for the signings that make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
January 31, 2018, 12:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

you've said that several times dogsbollox ,.any particular reason for your confidence? If not today then when?

I have no inside information whatsoever. I am an exile that doesn’t get to the games very much as I’m often in crap places like the Middle East. I am however, obsessed with GTFC so I read the blogs, the Fishy and other Social Media platforms which does actually provide an ‘informed’ opinion if you decipher all the crap.

I have had formed my very own conspiracy theory since the departure of Bogle. Due to JF not spending money on a player, I think he thought that coffins up big bucks on a Manager would save him on player wages etc. I think it’s part of his plan to recover as much of his losses/benign loans as he can before he makes a sharp exit, knowing that Public opinion is now firmly against him. I suspect he feels that there is no way back. That is why I suspect that RS will remain, as to release him would cost a fortune, and sell your prized assets before you can leave, having recovered as much as possible.

I fear that they have both lost it, the fans, the players and the Club and that an ‘exit strategy’ is the only option. Also consolidated by the fact that, at the forum, he is only 7/10 of the new stadium going ahead.

I feel that his is firmly on the canvas and ‘Operation self preservation’ is kicking in.

Hope I’m wrong with it all as I am purely speculating.
Reply: 13 - 29
FishFan101
January 31, 2018, 12:40pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Cannot see the club making an announcement today, it's deadline day and they will be pre-occupied with shifting some fringe players (hopefully) and re-buffing interest of our only two glimmer's of hope (Jones and Dembele). If i'm being level headed it will be the Monday after the forthcoming lacklustre performance on Saturday to Cheltenham. But ideally I want him to go now, and partly lift the toxic atmosphere lingering over the fans.

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 12:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
It's all hot air as usual. Still waiting for the signings that make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up.

Also worrying that last year Bignut had indentified the players he wanted to target in the window and Slade doesn`t seem to have got anyone lined up on the last day?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
friskneymariner
January 31, 2018, 12:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Surely if  Fenty is owed £2 million and is wanting it back, any board discussions involving an outlay of finance places him in a situation of  conflict of interest any therefore he should recuse himself from any part of the discussion or decision making.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Rick12
January 31, 2018, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from supertown
Whilst I agree he should have been sacked it just doesnt make sense to do it on deadline day , it’s too late. I really can’t see us going down this season and I guess JF must think the same, wing it till the end of the season I guess . I’m not condoning it , just how I read the situation

Tend to agree.Both Forest Green and Barnet have less resources than us along with a smaller fan base and can see these going down.

However football is a funny old game and anything can happen.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
Hagrid
January 31, 2018, 12:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
best thing we could do today is sack him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
jock dock tower
January 31, 2018, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
With no announcements as yet I was wondering what it takes for Fenty to remove a manager from post for not being up to the job. The club announcement immediately following Marcus Bignot's departure, below, is par for the course....

FOLLOWING Grimsby Town Football Club’s return to The EFL, there remains a strong ambition to build on last season’s promotion.

Therefore, it is with regret that today the Club has decided to release the current Management Team from their first team duties.

The Board would like to put on record their thanks to Marcus Bignot, Michael Moore and Gary Whild for all their hard work and efforts during the last 6 months and wish them the best for their futures.

What it doesn't do is to quote the playing record prior to his sacking. In just over a month Town had played six games, winning two, drawing three, and losing just the one. He was sacked following a quite brilliant 3-0 away win at that season's league champions Plymouth Argyle, in a game where Argyle fans said that Town were the best team they'd seen at Home Park by a country mile that season.

Fast forward to the present day, and with a similar timeline Town have played seven games, secured one point, scoring just two goals and conceding fourteen. If Mr. Fenty had been making business decisions as wildly inconsistent as these his firm would have gone down the Swannie many moons before he sold it. The facts are there for all to see, and yet again the silence from BP about this woeful mismanagement is absolutely deafening. What about it, John?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The clock is ticking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.