Cayman_mariner
January 30, 2018, 11:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 935
What happened between Osborne and summers?

Handbags.

[url]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/958435860957093888[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 400 - 409
mike_d
January 31, 2018, 12:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from mariner83
And there are Scunny fans calling for Alexander to be sacked. Don't know they're born.

CDAJATL?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 401 - 409
forza ivano
January 31, 2018, 12:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from mike_d

CDAJATL?

It's so desperate I'm just starting to wonder what rob Scott is up to! Actually I'd be moe than happy if the Phil brown rumour had some substance.failing that a Davies - Collins- Moore triumvirate would be welcomed with open arms
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 402 - 409
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 31, 2018, 12:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
As I said earlier, IF he is to go, I hope Fenty has given a nod in the right direction to whoever is Gonna be in charge

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 403 - 409
KingstonMariner
January 31, 2018, 12:27am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
This is already the fourth longest match thread. The record is Cambridge in 2012 which had 489 posts.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1326223668

Was a damned good game and a great atmosphere

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 404 - 409
promotion plaice
January 31, 2018, 12:29am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from forza ivano

It's so desperate I'm just starting to wonder what rob Scott is up to! Actually I'd be moe than happy if the Phil brown rumour had some substance.failing that a Davies - Collins- Moore triumvirate would be welcomed with open arms

I doubt very much Dave Moore would want to touch the job with a barge pole, bearing in mind the predicament we are in and risking sullying his name as a club hero.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 405 - 409
forza ivano
January 31, 2018, 12:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from promotion plaice

I doubt very much Dave Moore would want to touch the job with a barge pole, bearing in mind the predicament we are in and risking sullying his name as a club hero.

Sorry, should've made it clear that I meant as a temporary measure, maybe until the end of the season. Ben Davies has got some interesting qualities, whilst there are potentially interesting candidates such as the Boston or York managers who might come into play in the summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 406 - 409
KingstonMariner
January 31, 2018, 2:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Was a damned good game and a great atmosphere

Strewth! Some people will red cross anything. I doubt even a Cambridge fan there that night would disagree with my statement.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 407 - 409
Davec
January 31, 2018, 8:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well where do we go from this, I haven't got a clue how Slade keeps his job. Is it because he's Fenty's best mate or does Fenty think he'll lead us to the play off final in his 2nd season with us like he did 12 years ago? Well I bet he won't lead us to the play off final even if it's the National League ( dread to think)

Last season Slade got removed as manager by 3 clubs, 3 clubs in just one season! Slade used to be a respectable decent manager in the lower leagues but these last couple of years he's gone to being one of the worst, what has happened? He was supposed to be a shrewd transfer window operator but yet he gave dross like Kelly Hooper Cardwell and Dixon 2 year deals after waiting all window to sign them. It's obvious that in the summer a lot of Slade original targets knocked him back, 1 or 2 yes but when it's a lot of them that probably means he was setting his sights too high which is Slade's fault as a man of his experience should know who to target. We had a lot of trialists in the summer which is always concerning. His tactics need no words, I think we can all see the problems there.

We move on to his recruitment of staff.
Paul Wilkinson, popular choice at the time but it's not really working out is it, he's mainly been a coach in youth football and his last stint as assistant manager was a failure at Northampton Town. With a few rumours surfacing recently that him and Slade don't get on I do wonder if it was Fenty's choice to appease the fans who were unhappy with Slade's re-appointment?

Greg Howard local lad who does the sports science side of things but more often than not I've seen him picking up cones whilst Wilkinson just stands there, is he underappreciated by the management team?

Asser Lutu head of analysis who was head of analysis at Dagenham and Redbridge when they were relegated, at Birmingham who finished very low in the championship and more recently a team in Qatar who got relegated, not exactly a glowing track record is it, especially as he might have another relegation on his record!

We have a massive squad with over 30 players and most of them now are Slade's signings, not to mention a totally unbalanced team with little ability. I do think the players are trying but there is no connection to them like we had with the promotion winning squad and with Osbourne and Summerfield fighting last night that is evidence of a fractured dressing room?

Still waiting for these quality signings coming in, if Slade and the board thinks Kean Vernam and Wilks are quality signings then they must be deluded, Kean looks cack, Vernam looks talented but he can't carry us all, Wilks looks like he may be decent but will it be enough? I find it ridiculous how we have not signed another left back as Dixon is not good enough and what if we get a long term injury in full back position? We'll be very short and may have to rely on Round pegs in square holes.

I firmly believe we are in a relegation battle, 9 points seems decent enough but look at the last 10 games, we have picked up only 3 points, with other teams having games in hand on us and if we go a further 5 or 6 games only getting 2 or 3 points that gap can easily be cut to a matter of points and if we do go down we will be in there for much longer than last time I fear.

I am not Fenty's biggest fan but with over 30 pro's on the books we must have a sizeable budget? Which is my concern, a sizeable budget this season not backed up with good attendances and with season ticket sales almost certainly halved for next season, the budget next season will be very very low so I hope we have a manager who can work with a limited budget!

Act now please John because Slade will take us down and you'll be run out of town if that happens.

Slade just retire because you are finished as a manager surely now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 408 - 409
moosey_club
January 31, 2018, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Davec
Well where do we go from this, I haven't got a clue how Slade keeps his job. Is it because he's Fenty's best mate or does Fenty think he'll lead us to the play off final in his 2nd season with us like he did 12 years ago? Well I bet he won't lead us to the play off final even if it's the National League ( dread to think)

We keep him because he has unequivocal support, the board have backed him, the board have allowed him to bring even more players in...they (JF) wont want the egg on his face now of having to sack him.

We move on to his recruitment of staff.
Paul Wilkinson, popular choice at the time but it's not really working out is it, he's mainly been a coach in youth football and his last stint as assistant manager was a failure at Northampton Town. With a few rumours surfacing recently that him and Slade don't get on I do wonder if it was Fenty's choice to appease the fans who were unhappy with Slade's re-appointment?

i am certain that it was us (JF) who put this pair together, definately not Slades choice. In one of the early press conferences , if not the very first, it was clear they had been brought together and had only come across each other in the past, definately not an existing friendship, working relationship or partnership.

Greg Howard local lad who does the sports science side of things but more often than not I've seen him picking up cones whilst Wilkinson just stands there, is he underappreciated by the management team?

Asser Lutu head of analysis who was head of analysis at Dagenham and Redbridge when they were relegated, at Birmingham who finished very low in the championship and more recently a team in Qatar who got relegated, not exactly a glowing track record is it, especially as he might have another relegation on his record!

he is there to produce stats for RS....he is just gathering the stats that RS identifies as important....whether that be distance covered...positional discipline, passes completed, tackles made, possesion lost.....cant really be held responsible for anything in my opinion. Just a data guy ?

We have a massive squad with over 30 players and most of them now are Slade's signings, not to mention a totally unbalanced team with little ability. I do think the players are trying but there is no connection to them like we had with the promotion winning squad and with Osbourne and Summerfield fighting last night that is evidence of a fractured dressing room?

Obviously Slade has tried to offload a few and has got rid of Osbourn & Tombola but Clements and Asante were returned as they didnt work out at their loans.  He is still trying to offload some outside of the "18" ....which i dont see as being Jones or Dembele as many seem to think are done deals elsewhere. Unbalanced...very....Bignot this time last year set the scene for this with having around 8/9 centre midfielders which has had a knock on effect to Slade...but unfortunately he has now 8/9 strikers on the books instead and still without a decent supply line.

Still waiting for these quality signings coming in, if Slade and the board thinks Kean Vernam and Wilks are quality signings then they must be deluded, Kean looks cack, Vernam looks talented but he can't carry us all, Wilks looks like he may be decent but will it be enough? I find it ridiculous how we have not signed another left back as Dixon is not good enough and what if we get a long term injury in full back position? We'll be very short and may have to rely on Round pegs in square holes.

Never expected any quality signings in January as that equates to spending money, what we have is the best we can hope for.  Last night showed how short defensively we are, not a defender available on the bench and all we have is one injury FFS. Now we have a suspension to deal with too.  

I firmly believe we are in a relegation battle, 9 points seems decent enough but look at the last 10 games, we have picked up only 3 points, with other teams having games in hand on us and if we go a further 5 or 6 games only getting 2 or 3 points that gap can easily be cut to a matter of points and if we do go down we will be in there for much longer than last time I fear.

3 wins in last 17 games i think.....terrible stat, terrible form...only heading one way for sure, definately dependant on those below us not improving on our results raher than ourselves digging our own way out.

I am not Fenty's biggest fan but with over 30 pro's on the books we must have a sizeable budget? Which is my concern, a sizeable budget this season not backed up with good attendances and with season ticket sales almost certainly halved for next season, the budget next season will be very very low so I hope we have a manager who can work with a limited budget!

Pretty sure given we had similar number of pro's last season and that was identified as an issue between JF/ MB that it was stated this season we would have a smaller quality squad.....while RS has relied heavily on a core of 16/18 players we have used around 27 players from my memory and have had around 35 listed first teamers this season.  That is a huge number of players we have been paying for doing absolutely nothing...is that RS's fault or should the board also share some of that for letting RS "waste" budget. Next seasons ST sales wont be an issue....dont forget we will have forgotten all about this season by the time they eventually go on sale in August and if England win the World Cup then the feelgood factor will see record numbers snapping up the increased price ST's    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 409 - 409
41 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.