Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2018 - not a lot to look forward to!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 167 Guests

2018 - not a lot to look forward to!

This thread currently has 1,069 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 31, 2017, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Happy New Year to all on the Fishy - I just wish there was something positive going on with GTFC.

We've got some talented players at the club - some who are out on loan, some who don't appear to be trying and some, well one, who we will probably end up cashing in on. No Cup run to look forward to and the most stale & mundane style of football I can remember - we may end up mid-table which is as good as we are set up to be.

Off the pitch, there's no real progress on the stadium project and we have a board that doesn't value the customers - us. I'm not going to state the bleeding obvious but nothing is likely to change any time soon.
Private Message
ginnywings
December 31, 2017, 12:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Happy New Year fisher folk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Marinerz93
December 31, 2017, 1:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Happy new year to one and all, hope 2018 is a great year for us all.

Dave

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
GrimRob
December 31, 2017, 1:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
2018 20 years on from our greatest ever year! Let's hope for a repeat.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 7
lew chaterleys lover
December 31, 2017, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Happy New Year to all on the Fishy - I just wish there was something positive going on with GTFC.

We've got some talented players at the club - some who are out on loan, some who don't appear to be trying and some, well one, who we will probably end up cashing in on. No Cup run to look forward to and the most stale & mundane style of football I can remember - we may end up mid-table which is as good as we are set up to be.

Off the pitch, there's no real progress on the stadium project and we have a board that doesn't value the customers - us. I'm not going to state the bleeding obvious but nothing is likely to change any time soon.

I wouldn't be as glum as that - there is always something to look forward  with the Mighty Mariners.

Yesterday might have been a wake up call to get some decent signings sorted for January. A couple of weeks ago we seemed to be doing ok, with most on here hopeful we might do something in the second half of the season.

It is a poor division this year bar Luton, so still all to play for.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
rancido
December 31, 2017, 2:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96

I wouldn't be as glum as that - there is always something to look forward  with the Mighty Mariners.

Yesterday might have been a wake up call to get some decent signings sorted for January. A couple of weeks ago we seemed to be doing ok, with most on here hopeful we might do something in the second half of the season.

It is a poor division this year bar Luton, so still all to play for.

Well I'm not that hopeful with Slade in charge. Although he has exceeded his achievements at his previous two clubs ( 4 wins out of 16 at Charlton and 3 wins out of 16 at Coventry ) I don't think he has what it takes to lead us forward.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
KingstonMariner
December 31, 2017, 2:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Happy New Year to all.

My glass for GTFC for 2018 is distinctly half empty. We're still not out of the promotion race but realistically we're some way off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
AndyDarloFC
December 31, 2017, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Happy New Years to all.

You’ll soon pick up a few wins and be back in contention. Keep the faith guys!

Up the Mariners.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2018 - not a lot to look forward to!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.