August 26, 2017, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings

Moral high ground? Not at all.

I would just like to know what the fook moaning about it on here will achieve. Like me, you were also invited to go see JF and you declined, so don't come over all keyboard warrior on me.

I'm as unhappy as the next fan, but unlike some, i accept there's not a right lot i can do about it, save stop going to games and what will that achieve?

And no, the cap does not fit as i am far from happy.

Because the last time I checked this is a Grimsby town football forum ..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Moaning on here will probably achieve eff all. Just the same as having an appointment with the self-appointed saviour of GTFC, It's not about being 'all keyboard warrior' - this is the future of our football club that's at stake - I'm not willing to be patronised by the man whose 'benign' loans hang over the club like the Sword of Damocles even if you are.

And that is exactly my point. Whether you accept the status quo and are deemed an happy clapper, or whether you rant and rave on a message board is all irrelevant. You not willing to be patronised as you put it, won't make a blind bit of difference. I don't know why you are having a go at me and why others are seeking to apportion blame to fans they see as accepting mediocrity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 84
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 10:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Because the last time I checked this is a Grimsby town football forum ..

Yes it is but blaming "happy clappers" for the state of affairs is plain daft. Why blame fans for turning up and supporting the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
friskneymariner
August 26, 2017, 10:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes it is but blaming "happy clappers" for the state of affairs is plain daft. Why blame fans for turning up and supporting the team.

Don't blame anyone for supporting their,don't expect everybody to agree with me,but I do take exception to being slated for  stating opinion by people who are now conspicuous by their absence.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

And that is exactly my point. Whether you accept the status quo and are deemed an happy clapper, or whether you rant and rave on a message board is all irrelevant. You not willing to be patronised as you put it, won't make a blind bit of difference. I don't know why you are having a go at me and why others are seeking to apportion blame to fans they see as accepting mediocrity.

I'm not having a go at any individuals. I just don't see the point of accepting the state of GTFC just to placate the chairman/non-chairman/senior director/director. Mr Fenty has presided over the worst era in the club's history (fact) and is preventing external investment by refusing to write off his loans to the club spent on reckless appointments. Whether or not you approved of Bignot's appointment, who appointed him, who authorised January's signings and the sale of Bogle, who sacked him 6 months in etc? Not me, not you, but the club's senior investor.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
Grimal
August 26, 2017, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Moaning on here will probably achieve eff all. Just the same as having an appointment with the self-appointed saviour of GTFC, It's not about being 'all keyboard warrior' - this is the future of our football club that's at stake - I'm not willing to be patronised by the man whose 'benign' loans hang over the club like the Sword of Damocles even if you are.

Was he one of the three musketeers ?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 84
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 10:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
[/b]
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not having a go at any individuals.[b] I just don't see the point of accepting the state of GTFC
just to placate the chairman/non-chairman/senior director/director. Mr Fenty has presided over the worst era in the club's history (fact) and is preventing external investment by refusing to write off his loans to the club spent on reckless appointments. Whether or not you approved of Bignot's appointment, who appointed him, who authorised January's signings and the sale of Bogle, who sacked him 6 months in etc? Not me, not you, but the club's senior investor.

But my point is that we have no choice but to accept it. Where are the alternatives?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91
If Fenty truly cared about the club he would make it publically known that at no point does he want his loans paying back, he'd write them off. By now most of that must be from his own shite decisions anyway so how he can reasonably expect to get it back is beyond me.

The benign loans keep him in power. They are not currently being serviced but if anyone wanted to take over they would need to be repaid which would mean that  new investor would have to square the debt as well as invest in the future and considering the only fixed asset that the club has is the BP land (apparently) there is in reality very little to invest in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
[b][/b]

But my point is that we have no choice but to accept it. Where are the alternatives?

There will not be any alternatives until the club makes enough money to pay off the Directors Loans. We are stuck in a stalemate.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Moral high ground? Not at all.

I would just like to know what the fook moaning about it on here will achieve. Like me, you were also invited to go see JF and you declined, so don't come over all keyboard warrior on me.

I'm as unhappy as the next fan, but unlike some, i accept there's not a right lot i can do about it, save stop going to games and what will that achieve?

And no, the cap does not fit as i am far from happy.

How come you two got invited?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 2 Year plan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.