7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 5, 2017, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
By the way did anyone stay around to see us lift the trophy after winning our "cup final"

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
mariner83
August 5, 2017, 9:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][IMG]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sport/won-the-trophy-smiley-emoticon.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
BeijingMariner
August 6, 2017, 12:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from moosey_club
as far as i am aware the day passed off without any real incident, spent a couple of pre match  pleasant hours in The Mill at Brimington, chatted with the locals and had a cracking day out over all....hopefully all the tubthumping worries and hysterics on their 14 page anti GY thread will now end and once they have de-boarded their windows and taken the chastity belts off their offspring we can come away with a bit of respect for turning up in numbers, backing the team, out performing their pathetic home support and enjoying the day out.

Great day out. UTM

it was pretty hysterical what they did on their site and sounds 99.9% unwarranted. wouldn't it be ace if this translates into a bumper home crowd for the Coventry game? That is what usually happens early season on the back of a good win, if I remember correctly. Then all we have to do is keep the run going
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
HertsGTFC
August 6, 2017, 5:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from BeijingMariner

it was pretty hysterical what they did on their site and sounds 99.9% unwarranted. wouldn't it be ace if this translates into a bumper home crowd for the Coventry game? That is what usually happens early season on the back of a good win, if I remember correctly. Then all we have to do is keep the run going

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup win now followed by a half decent draw in the next round would generate some numbers into BP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
BeijingMariner
August 6, 2017, 5:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup win now followed by a half decent draw in the next round would generate some numbers into BP.

I'd completely forgotten about that to be honest, but yes, of course you are right. And we beat them last year anyway, so it's not impossible
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
chaos33
August 6, 2017, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
We lost 1-0 to Derby last year did we not?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Garth
August 6, 2017, 8:02am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Fu k Chesterfield their history now and just another rung on our ladder of success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
lukeo
August 6, 2017, 8:07am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Coventry should surely sellout the away end? If I was Town's commercial department I'd milk the fact derby and Coventry are ex Premier clubs and announce everywhere about the two games 'against ex Premier league opposition' might get a fee arm chair supporters to pop along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
moosey_club
August 6, 2017, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,297
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from lukeo
Coventry should surely sellout the away end? If I was Town's commercial department I'd milk the fact derby and Coventry are ex Premier clubs and announce everywhere about the two games 'against ex Premier league opposition' might get a fee arm chair supporters to pop along.

Stretching it a little bit there .....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2017, 12:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
I had a couple of pints in a lovely ale pub close to the ground. Fans from both clubs mixing and chatting about football. I didn't see any trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield message board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.