Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We're close to the striker!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 120 Guests

We're close to the striker!!!

This thread currently has 18,206 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 4, 2017, 9:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
[img]http://i1.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/article248026.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/GR-052.jpg[/img]

Now stop moaning Russ. I said I'd get you a new striker if I had to carry him here myself and here he is.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
ginnywings
August 4, 2017, 9:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Every player we sign gets labelled as sh1t by their former fans. If we have signed Hooper, then we'll see what he has to offer. Would be great if he scored the winner against Vale, finishing a cross from Kelly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
Tommy
August 4, 2017, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Pretty much every player in the bottom 2 divisions has been released by a club at some point so will have one set of former supporters who won't exactly speak highly of them.

It's about our Slade's ability to man-manage and get the best out of said player. And i think that's something Slade is good at. So I'm confident Slade could get more out of a player that's not realised their potential previously.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
fleabag1970
August 4, 2017, 10:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
And if you don't believe in man management then you won't believe how Rotherham ended up in LG 1

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
gtfc98
August 7, 2017, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Is this happening?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Cloudy
August 7, 2017, 1:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
No idea what is happening but Tyler Walker didnt make the bench for Forest's opening fixture.

IF it is to be JJ Hooper then seems a bit odd that it hasnt been tied up yet. RS said about the player must want to be here but with Hooper on trial it would seem strange if he was hesitating.

Who knows
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
August 7, 2017, 1:47pm
Guest User
One of the most exciting strikers in an age is already in the building in Ahkeem
Rose. Once this kid gets his chance following international clearance, which he will, then he is going to be one of the best finds in an age as strikers go.

He is absolutely rapid and is a superb finisher. Handled correctly then Ahkeem
Rose is going to be a massive fans favourite
Reply: 46 - 75
Cloudy
August 7, 2017, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 120790
One of the most exciting strikers in an age is already in the building in Ahkeem
Rose. Once this kid gets his chance following international clearance, which he will, then he is going to be one of the best finds in an age as strikers go.

where have i heard that before?

Why would Rose need international clearance? Hasnt he been with us for months on a pro deal?
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
Garth
August 7, 2017, 1:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 120790

Did not do much in the pre season games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
August 7, 2017, 1:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Cloudy

where have i heard that before?

Why would Rose need international clearance? Hasnt he been with us for months on a pro deal?

Because he was born in Jamaica. Yes he signed a pro contract because of his age, even though he was only playing youth / reserve football. But whilst he wasn't in the reckoning for first team football, international clearance wasn't an issue. But I understand that now he is a serious consideration this season for first team squad consideration, that under FA & EFL regs we have to go through an international clearance procedure. It is a formality and will happen, but can take a bit of time.

Going to be a super player though in my opinion
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We're close to the striker!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.