Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Up or down more likely?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 74 Guests

Up or down more likely?

This thread currently has 6,099 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
July 5, 2017, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
I'd be a bit (well, a lot) happier if we had signed a good left-back by now as the defence would then be pretty well-set. Also, the squad is still missing a striker though whether the triallist is the type we need, I don't know.

Hopefully, the apparent increase in athleticism in the squad will help us this season. We really were a very slow team for much of last year and more pace in midfield and attack should be a great help.

I realise that some of the signings in the close season are a little underwhelming for some, but I think we need to remember that the mid-season signings were in general pretty decent (the ones who are still with us, I mean) so it seems probable that we'll start the season with a better squad this year than last year, Bogle and Andrew aside. You'd have to say that the new midfield options we have appear a lot better than the Berret/Summerfield combo we saw for a good bit of last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
buckstown
July 5, 2017, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed to be honest but hope its misplaced. The bookies odds I saw last week suggested bottom third and unless we secure a decent striker they may be right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
AdamHaddock
July 5, 2017, 6:14pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
More likely up but I'd say were still a few jigsaw pieces away from being serious challengers to the top seven.

Relegation is out of the question. In this division, with just two places, you have to be an epically shite team to go down

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
HertsGTFC
July 5, 2017, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
What are the odds based upon? Last season where we had a newly promoted manager who cobbled together his first EFL squad and then was replaced by one who destroyed it in favor of a 1 - 9 -1 formation?

Up BTW!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
KingstonMariner
July 5, 2017, 10:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
More up than down. I think. I hope.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Up or down more likely?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.