Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 718 Guests

Donny.

This thread currently has 9,431 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
November 18, 2016, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,700
Gold Stars: 542
4 tickets per season ticket holder is ridiculous.    I say this as a season ticket holder too.  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2016, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid

why not? means i can sit with all my friends and family now which for me is a bonus, only me and my old man are St holders, have a brother with a disability, we normally have to wait for our tickets as ususally 1 on 1 basis isnt it, but this occasion can get all 3 together and some for friends, good decision by the club

Because it's not fair on those that turn up each week and can't afford to pay for a season ticket in one go.

Pleased that you can sit with your family and the next comment clearly does not apply to you/them but why should a "big game hunter" (or three) who possibly goes a few times a year and on Boxing Day benefit from one of his mates having a season ticket ahead of someone who goes each week but did not have the cash to shell out in one go.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
Jaws
November 18, 2016, 5:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
No mention of stubs from away games between now and then? Are these fans not loyal?

Not an exile but very harsh to them, especially having a day to get a ticket also.

To be honest, the whole set-up seems very draconian for such a big allocation. It's clear that the ticket office cannot cope. The ticketing system and staffing levels doesn't seem to have changed in 20 years.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2016, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Jaws
No mention of stubs from away games between now and then? Are these fans not loyal?

Not an exile but very harsh to them, especially having a day to get a ticket also.

To be honest, the whole set-up seems very draconian for such a big allocation. It's clear that the ticket office cannot cope. The ticketing system and staffing levels doesn't seem to have changed in 20 years.

I just wonder who actually makes the rules? Spoke to Steve a couple of times over the years and got the impression that the strange ideas that we have seen where not his,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
GrimRob
November 18, 2016, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,448
Gold Stars: 114
The 12:30 KO is bound to put off a few, no need to panic

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 63
LH
November 18, 2016, 5:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,598
Gold Stars: 175
I highly doubt all STHs will use all four of their individual allocation so why not start a thread for anyone who either has the ability to get people tickets or those that need them?

It is a crazy decision from the club though - especially after Mansfield and the loyal fans missing out because people thought getting groundhopping oddballs tickets was a better idea...
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
Bigdog
November 18, 2016, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy
Really don't see the problem. The allocation is more than enough and  those that want them will get them.
By allowing 4 per STH just makes it easier to distribute them and keeps serving times down.
The days before Mansfield Facebook & Twitter was full of people with spare tickets

Some just like to moan

For what it's worth Cloudy, due to recent life events, there isn't a cat in hell's chance of me getting to the Donny game. I only posted thinking of others whose lives are not as easy or straightforward as some. I just thought there were certain inequities in there that the club could improve upon to make things easier for everyone, so as many Town fans that want to get to the game can do without a last minute scramble for tickets or travel arrangements, or tenterhooks waiting to see if we get more tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
WetFlannel
November 18, 2016, 5:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Does anybody know what a hypothetical maximum allocation would be? The sorts they would give to clubs like Leeds and Sheff Wednesday when they were in the Championship. Not saying we'd need it but knowing it could certainly help alleviate some worries. The North Stand holds 3,400 but I don't know if they ever give any of the West/East that are closest to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
headingly_mariner
November 18, 2016, 5:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
This is practically the only benefit of having a season ticket. Such a faff if it's one for one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
Jaws
November 18, 2016, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner
This is practically the only benefit of having a season ticket. Such a faff if it's one for one.

Did you work in the clubs PR department when season tickets were on sale?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.