8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
September 17, 2016, 10:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Got what we deserved today,out worked and out passed,Crewe are a decent side.and the less said about the ref the better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 73
Kris2
September 17, 2016, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Tommy

I couldn't quite see our shout for a pen on Tuton but the whole Pontoon seemed up in arms so must have been a decent shout.

That was more than a decent shout that was about as much of a penalty you'll see without legs being broken lol. Can't wait for the replay of that one I was just a few rows back in the pontoon on that side of goal and the player wrapped his arms around Tuton and took him down like a Rugby tackle. How that was not given I don't know I'm pretty sure the linesman if not the ref had a perfectly good view.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 73
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2016, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
The difference between us and Crewe is that they concede very few goals and don't have to score 2 to get anything from the game. At the moment, you feel we need to score a couple to get a point or three. Need to tighten up if we are to have a successful season and i wouldn't be surprised to see some defensive changes coming up.

Agree but when we change the back 4 we need to stick with the change for half a dozen games or so for it to benefit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 73
Cloudy
September 17, 2016, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think this is what the season will hold for us in that we look good one week and struggle the next.

We are a club in transition and it shows!

I haven't seen the  joyous performances at Notts and Luton  but for me Summerfield looks very poor every time I have seen him. Not just his back pass today but generally VERY poor when the oppo have the ball.

Macca may have come for the first but could have also won MOM, IMO none of the forwards or the midfield played up to standard
We go again at Field mill
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 73
arryarryarry
September 17, 2016, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Garth
Jackson and Tuton not up to L2 standard leaving Omar with it all to do.
Disley should have replaced Summerfield second half, as he was having a mare, Vose stuck out on the left while play was concentrated one way down the right, too many passes wasted and long balls punted to Tuton and Jackson to use their pace which was matched by Crew.
We will win well next week because we are inconsistent at the moment

Give over, Bogle was as poor as the rest today and it's about time he grew up and stopped his petty tantrums arguing with the officials.

I thought this was the poorest I have seen us play this season, (I didn't make the Colchester game).

Also disappointed Paul Hurst didn't change the centre midfield as I thought neither of them were up to scratch today also Vose was very poor as well. daft handball by Gowling but other that that I thought he and Pearson did well, as did Macca.

Still not overly impressed by Andrew, I would like to see their first goal again as he did seem to come from our left hand side.

Still onwards and upwards to Mansfield next week.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 73
Bigdog
September 17, 2016, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from gb
Started poor and should have been 3 nil down within 35 mins. Had a couple of minutes of playing football looked okay then resorted back to kicking the ball long! We get within a minute of half time and summerfield decides to what can only be described as a shocking game management, he plays a blind pass back to a cb that is 5 yards short and we concede. We are a minute away from half time and all we have done all half is lump the ball forward but no we change that plan which costs us. Gowling and Pearson both showed reason why they're football league players but then quickly showed why they won't be for long unless they change their game. Both think they're footballing gods and have forgot what they're good at DEFENDING!! Gowling could've been sent off 4 times today he was that bad/sluggish and rash decisions. I think Andrew is a massive weak point. He can't defend/gets caught out of position way too much like he did for the first goal today. The front two got annoyed at the lack of service and the ref and then stopped trying in my opinion. Vose is a class above but today only had a couple of opportunities to show it due to the midfield being bypassed at every opportunity. Worst thing for me today was that Crew are not much better than us but did the basics a lot better today. Never mind onto Mansfield and look for 3 points.  Utm

Nope. Right position to receive an easy ball from Summerfield, Summerfield under no pressure could have just kept the ball or made three easy passes but gives it away. In no way was Andrew at fault, entirely Summerfield's. Hate it when a player becomes an easy target for wrongful criticism..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 73
Kris2
September 18, 2016, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

Also disappointed Paul Hurst didn't change the centre midfield as I thought neither of them were up to scratch today also Vose was very poor as well. daft handball by Gowling but other that that I thought he and Pearson did well, as did Macca.

I dunno I felt like Vose was the only one trying to create something he just didn't have anyone moving for him apart from when we had the one goal for offside Vose did well to beat two players and make the pass. Seems a bit odd to say he was very poor and then praise Gowling and Pearson who constantly hoofed the ball to nowhere and misplaced passes all afternoon especially Pearson who while he is a scrapper who will get his body in the way of things and fight for headers really has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet going forward. Stands there with loads of space and two passes on and does a back pass for no reason and no idea what Gowling was doing with that handball even Ben Davies was looking at him like "why did you do that?". Between him and Pearson Macca was under tons of pressure that should have just been dealt with more effectively.

For me Macca kept us in it the best he could and Vose and Chambers at least tried to create something. Besides our dynamic defensive duo Tuton ran around chasing long balls but mostly got caught offside,Summerfield and Andrew misplaced passes,Comley and Davies were on the pitch. Bogle stomped his feet and swung his arms around after failing to score from the only real chance he got. Bolarinwa charged around when he came on and at least tried but didn't have the ability to make something happen, Jackson came on and couldn't get the ball .
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 73
Grimbiggs
September 18, 2016, 1:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Problem was when Vose got the ball he was surrounded by three opponents everytime, and had few options because of Crewe's impressive pressing game, and our lack of movement. I thought Summerfield was poor today, he should stick to the basics, one touch to many, and his awareness again was very poor, constantly playing the wrong ball, putting pressure on the back four. Macca can't really be blamed, because as indecisive as he can be at times, the arrival of Henderson seems to have spurred him on, because as well as the penalty, he made two other good saves.
As good as Bogles been recently, we saw his other side today, he's got to stop spitting his dummy out when things aren't going his way. Anyway a game best forgotten about, i doubt we'll play as badly as that again at home all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 73
Davec
September 18, 2016, 6:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Well first of all credit to Crewe Alexandra they were extremely organised, they reminded me of Bristol Rovers when they beat us in the league here, they didn't give us a sniff, harried us, closed us down, put us under pressure, they certainly did their homework on Bogle and they nullified him effectively, and they also nullified us.

Mckeown kept us in it at times today, could have been 4 or 5 without him, I think it is harsh to apportion any blame to him for the first goal, he wasn't going to get it ahead of the attacker, he was either going to give away a penalty or he would have been simply skipped around.

Davies, I've yet to seen what all the fuss is about in all honesty, he's technically good and his crossing ability is generally excellent but he just doesn't seem effective to me

Gowling and Pearson were both poor I think, neither of them are comfortable on the ball, how can we play it out from the back when they both treat the ball as so it is a hot potato!

Andrew is certainly a weak link, defensively he's found wanting at times, most of the goals conceded this season is from his side, and I think generally his distribution is quite average.

Chambers tried but offered very little, again Crewe nullified him.

Comley I thought did well, I see not many people agree but I thought he did alright, he covers alot of ground!

Summerfield I've said before I don't think warrants a 2 year deal, I think he's a decent enough player but at times he's very slack with his passing, first half yesterday especially, for their goal i have no idea what he was doing, it looked as so he was trying to pass it to the referee!

Vose, tried but again an off day for him, they marshalled him very well.

Tuton I think is better on the counter attack, so as such more of an impact sub.

Bogle showed glimpses but he got very little service.

Subs.
Jackson tried but struggled today against the defence, never got a sniff.

Bolarinwa certainly added some pace and initially gave them something to think about but they quickly managed to work him out and limit him

I would have liked to see a change in formation today, give them something else to think about!

And for Mansfield I would like to see Collins in for Gowling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 73
Mariner93er
September 18, 2016, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I would now hope to see the new lad in centre back next week just so we can have some decent contribution from the left side of defense. Pearson either lumped it or, as he is uncomfortable on his left side, took ages to set himself for a pass which meant crewe were imnediately on top of us. I think it was incredibly hard for our midfield to get in the gsme because of this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.