Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 80 Guests

Trouble in Cleethorpes

This thread currently has 39,882 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
July 24, 2016, 5:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
That's you banned then Grim74 for remarks about Dodds like that when he reads that ^

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 191
July 24, 2016, 5:59pm
Guest User
Doddsy hasn't been at Town games since March time. Apparently the liaison officer duty now is shared amongst officers instead of just one person. He is useless anyway. Always keen on taking things further  for minor offences at small games but when it comes to the big games he always seems to mess it up. Don't know if it was his decision last year at Lincoln but whoever thought it was going to be okay to let town fans walk around Lincoln high street without any type of supervision should have been sacked on the spot. They soon realised they had to change their approach when it kicked off within seconds from leaving the train station car park.
Reply: 71 - 191
scrumble
July 24, 2016, 6:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from bluerose13x
I don't really care if 2 people, or 2 groups of people want to fight/brawl/smash everything up etc. In fact if that's their thing I'd say go for it to the lads, but at the very least I'd want from these people is do it well out the way out of sight away from the average Joe and kids enjoying a day out.

This. I'm all for giving them a field, and even giving them a pile of knives and baseball bats. It should help the gene pool no end

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 191
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2016, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Grim74
It's  been mentioned every time we have a large away following there is trouble, and the sole reason for this is our current police liaison officer Doddsy.

The thing is the lads these days make it all to easy for the so called intelligence officers, when it comes locating the RISK element and yesterday was no exception. Doddsy would of known exactly where both sets of these RISK supporters where and it was clearly obvious what was to follow.

The difference between Dodds and his predecessor Alan Rutter was simple,Rutter was all about preventative measures stopping the mobs in there tracks before they came into contact, I would say he had a lot of success with this method and would lead to potential rucks being diluted down to nothing more than bit of cat and mouse between old bill and the frustrated risk element.

Where as this Dodds is only interested in football related arrest figures, and this is his method... Locate rival RISK elements, get the cameras at the ready, wait for the action and roll, survey video footage over the coming months, dawn raids Aprox 6mths later for identified hooligans, massive arrest figures on the football arrest table, job done and Dodds head grows even bigger.

So as you can see two different methods of policing with alternative results one prevents disorder, and innocent members of the public getting caught up in the violence but with minimal arrests, the other does clearly not give a excrement about the family's day out in Cleethorpes enjoying their hols but will eventUally get some arrests in all be it the home fans only.

I say it's time we called for Dodds head his sole responsibility must still be to protect the public, he may of got away with this method in the past but yesterday it failed him and the public miserably with his main objection, time for a different role Mr Dodds traffic warden would be right up your street, your time is up good bye good riddance.

Absolutely. An invite to a Sheffield club to play a friendly on a sunny July Saturday afternoon is daft enough but to allow the violence to kick off once you knew how many were coming is crazy. On top of that, it's pretty unfair on the businesses in Cleethorpes that may now have to make insurance claims.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 191
Grim74
July 24, 2016, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1739
Doddsy hasn't been at Town games since March time. Apparently the liaison officer duty now is shared amongst officers instead of just one person. He is useless anyway. Always keen on taking things further  for minor offences at small games but when it comes to the big games he always seems to mess it up. Don't know if it was his decision last year at Lincoln but whoever thought it was going to be okay to let town fans walk around Lincoln high street without any type of supervision should have been sacked on the spot. They soon realised they had to change their approach when it kicked off within seconds from leaving the train station car park.

He was on duty in the market place yesterday.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 191
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 24, 2016, 7:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
If only darleys was still open to put all the away in eh!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 191
Roast Em Bobby
July 24, 2016, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim74
It's  been mentioned every time we have a large away following there is trouble, and the sole reason for this is our current police liaison officer Doddsy.

The thing is the lads these days make it all to easy for the so called intelligence officers, when it comes locating the RISK element and yesterday was no exception. Doddsy would of known exactly where both sets of these RISK supporters where and it was clearly obvious what was to follow.

The difference between Dodds and his predecessor Alan Rutter was simple,Rutter was all about preventative measures stopping the mobs in there tracks before they came into contact, I would say he had a lot of success with this method and would lead to potential rucks being diluted down to nothing more than bit of cat and mouse between old bill and the frustrated risk element.

Where as this Dodds is only interested in football related arrest figures, and this is his method... Locate rival RISK elements, get the cameras at the ready, wait for the action and roll, survey video footage over the coming months, dawn raids Aprox 6mths later for identified hooligans, massive arrest figures on the football arrest table, job done and Dodds head grows even bigger.

So as you can see two different methods of policing with alternative results one prevents disorder, and innocent members of the public getting caught up in the violence but with minimal arrests, the other does clearly not give a excrement about the family's day out in Cleethorpes enjoying their hols but will eventUally get some arrests in all be it the home fans only.

I say it's time we called for Dodds head his sole responsibility must still be to protect the public, he may of got away with this method in the past but yesterday it failed him and the public miserably with his main objection, time for a different role Mr Dodds traffic warden would be right up your street, your time is up good bye good riddance.

Sounds to me like you're trying to excuse the idiots and put the blame on the police. If this Dodds blokes methods lead to getting some convictions then great. These idiots are usually the same people who will regularly cause trouble on any normal weekend night around the pubs in town, so nicking them is ultimately a better result long term for every decent person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 191
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2016, 7:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
If only darleys was still open to put all the away in eh!

Looking at it the other way, why should innocent people (which most of the 2000 Blairds would have been) be corralled into one urine awful pub. Policing needs to go beyond corralling and kettling, and treating all football fans or working class people as criminals.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 191
dapperz fun pub
July 24, 2016, 9:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Looking at it the other way, why should innocent people (which most of the 2000 Blairds would have been) be corralled into one urine awful pub. Policing needs to go beyond corralling and kettling, and treating all football fans or working class people as criminals.

A good majority of blades looked risk to me they had 300 maybe more up for mischief I've been around long enough to realise who's who in this case they needed kettling and corralling , the police failed to keep order it's their job to keep order they failed miserably.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 191
Grim74
July 24, 2016, 9:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Sounds to me like you're trying to excuse the idiots and put the blame on the police. If this Dodds blokes methods lead to getting some convictions then great. These idiots are usually the same people who will regularly cause trouble on any normal weekend night around the pubs in town, so nicking them is ultimately a better result long term for every decent person.

So what you are saying then is that we can justify this type of police operation, where innocent members of the public get caught up in violence just to get some convictions.

What about a glass hitting a child then do we put that down as collateral damage just as long as those conviction figures and banning orders go up.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 191
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.