Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
stevieh and 8 Guests

What's your taste in music then?

This thread currently has 84,559 views. Print
98 Pages Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
August 4, 2021, 8:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from chaos33
They innovate with every release. They try to fuse history with reflections on the human condition and convey all that with brilliantly crafted melodies and songs. 3 albums in and another to come in September. This track is about Marlena Dietrich and Berlin.

Everest  

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 700 - 977
KingstonMariner
August 4, 2021, 10:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Continuing with the new music, I'm a big fan of Black Country , New Road. Good to hear a band of youths sticking out 9 minute sprawling tunes with all sorts of mad instrumentation on the go and mostly spoken word vocals. Blatantly it's not going to be a lot of people's thing but I enjoy a bit of self-indulgent extravagance.

👍👍👍
🙏

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 701 - 977
DB
August 5, 2021, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from chaos33
They innovate with every release. They try to fuse history with reflections on the human condition and convey all that with brilliantly crafted melodies and songs. 3 albums in and another to come in September. This track is about Marlena Dietrich and Berlin.

To give you the benefit of the doubt I have listened again. My taste in music varies from Queen, Tina Turner, Status Quo, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran to Cliff, Seekers, Andre Rieu in fact all types.

As I said, I listened again, and apart from sounding like Blondie, she and the music were pure and utter crap. In fact, I won't mind a pint of what she'd been drinking. It didn't get any connection with Marlena Dietrich or Berlin ( Irving Berlin ! ) apart from it being flashed on the screen.

No doubt our music tastes differ but I do hope you enjoy it in the future.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 702 - 977
chaos33
August 7, 2021, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
Tina Turner, Status Quo, Queen and Cliff Richard?!?! 😂
And you don’t like this. Jolly good. As I said…. I didn’t expect you’d like it given your ‘range’ of tastes and some of the cobblers you’ve spouted on the brexit related threads.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 703 - 977
moss_side_mariner
August 7, 2021, 5:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
I suppose we should give this a listen.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 704 - 977
DB
August 7, 2021, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from chaos33
Tina Turner, Status Quo, Queen and Cliff Richard?!?! 😂
And you don’t like this. Jolly good. As I said…. I didn’t expect you’d like it given your ‘range’ of tastes and some of the cobblers you’ve spouted on the brexit related threads.

I did say 'No doubt our music tastes differ but I do hope you enjoy it in the future'. I do have respect for other people's choices, but from your post, you don't appear to.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 705 - 977
moss_side_mariner
August 7, 2021, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chaos33
I mean, this is quite simply the most interesting, exciting music you will have heard in a long while, from a brilliant and unique band

I’ve not heard that before. Really liked it. Reminded me of this...

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 706 - 977
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
August 8, 2021, 2:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from chaos33
I mean, this is quite simply the most interesting, exciting music you will have heard in a long while, from a brilliant and unique band

Hmmm can't say it's my cup of tea. The video reminded me of that Lloyd Griffith video where he did pointless dancing near some garages for a town song.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 707 - 977
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 8, 2021, 3:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Continuing with the new music, I'm a big fan of Black Country , New Road. Good to hear a band of youths sticking out 9 minute sprawling tunes with all sorts of mad instrumentation on the go and mostly spoken word vocals. Blatantly it's not going to be a lot of people's thing but I enjoy a bit of self-indulgent extravagance.

You are right about the last bit. Watched it twice now and self-indulgence is the only message I get. I am only a little glow worm, not very bright. Perhaps someone could explain it to me.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 708 - 977
cmackenzie4
August 14, 2021, 9:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Heard this earlier today, I have not heard it for a while.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 709 - 977
98 Pages Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.