headingly_mariner
May 28, 2016, 9:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from DickBarton
Drop the ticket prices, drop the quality, and drop back down again, or.......................

Increase the prices, increase the quality, increase our staus to league 1.

Every little helps!

We're on our way..............

That's the sort of lazy logic that the club seem to have gone for.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 97
moosey_club
May 28, 2016, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,297
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Jaws
Think this has been well blown out of proportion. A loss-making business increases prices in hope of breaking even.

Best not go to the petrol station, supermarket or pub!

Its not your average business though is it ?

If you went into a pub and got served shite beer, shite food with zero customer care you might return on the chance it was an off day because you liked the surroundings...if it happened again you might complain or more as likely wouldnt go again.
If you went to the butchers and got fatty cuts of meat and sausages full of sawdust ..same again.

If either of the above businesses then advertised they are putting prices up to compete with the neighbouring pubs and butchers so they could compete ...would you rush back ? or laugh ?

The club have an emotional pull on the hardcore so they dont have to worry about us shopping elsewhere for our football fix...they have a monopoly on our football interest......but it is the hardcore only.....and IMO they exploit it by instantly "sticking a couple of quid" on the gate price.  
Yes the hardcore will renew and hopefully a good surge of new fans wll buy in on the back of promotion but after the hardcore have stuck fast through 5/6 seasons of bitter non league disappointment, after 5/6 seasons of downward spiral league football before that then it just seems a cheap, lazy option when other potential ideas could have been explored.

But as i said previously, i dont pick the ultimate bill up...i am just a loyal supporter.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 97
Mariners_15
May 28, 2016, 9:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
The prices are fair and I have no complaints but it would have been refreshing to see the club freeze prices again as a thankyou for the majority sticking with the club and paying out £18 to see the likes of Borehamwood, Altrincham week in week out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 97
headingly_mariner
May 28, 2016, 10:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from moosey_club

If you went into a pub and got served shite beer, shite food with zero customer care you might return on the chance it was an off day because you liked the surroundings...if it happened again you might complain or more as likely wouldnt go again.
If you went to the butchers and got fatty cuts of meat and sausages full of sawdust ..same again.

If either of the above businesses then advertised they are putting prices up to compete with the neighbouring pubs and butchers so they could compete ...would you rush back ? or laugh ?

The club have an emotional pull on the hardcore so they dont have to worry about us shopping elsewhere for our football fix...they have a monopoly on our football interest......but it is the hardcore only.....and IMO they exploit it by instantly "sticking a couple of quid" on the gate price.  
Yes the hardcore will renew and hopefully a good surge of new fans wll buy in on the back of promotion but after the hardcore have stuck fast through 5/6 seasons of bitter non league disappointment, after 5/6 seasons of downward spiral league football before that then it just seems a cheap, lazy option when other potential ideas could have been explored.

But as i said previously, i dont pick the ultimate bill up...i am just a loyal supporter.

Spot on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 97
rancido
May 28, 2016, 1:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from moosey_club

It may not be your average business but it is still a loss making business. I am sure the club will have done a budget forecast to allow for our promotion and costs will have been worked out accordingly. I agree about the emotional pull but that is a choice for football fans of any club , not peculiar to GTFC. I think the price rise is fair and certainly what I expected to pay for LEAGUE football. Maybe the club have missed a trick with young supporters but we won't really know until the STs go on sale and later when the season starts. I suppose I'm lucky being a pensioner but I have a fixed income and make some sacrifices so that I can buy a ST.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 97
Jaws
May 28, 2016, 1:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

No but it's the only football league club in Grimsby.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 97
moosey_club
May 28, 2016, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,297
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Spot on

What do we know Heads? Just because we went to Devon to watch the Mike Newell circus......means nothing. Just stump up and keep quiet.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 97
barralad
May 29, 2016, 8:11am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mariners_15
The prices are fair and I have no complaints but it would have been refreshing to see the club freeze prices again as a thankyou for the majority sticking with the club and paying out £18 to see the likes of Borehamwood, Altrincham week in week out.

I'm sorry but the majority who stuck with the club didnt pay £18. We had 2.5 K season ticket holders and the existence of an early bird scheme that a lot of the remainder took advantage of.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 97
Mrs Doyle
May 29, 2016, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
No qualms about paying a tad more for a higher quality of football that will inevitably cost more for the club in wages and future contracts.

The club needs to rake more money in to compete back in the league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 97
pizzzza
May 29, 2016, 9:29am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,719
Gold Stars: 137
The club should have taken a long term view on the junior season ticket pricing and try to build a fan base for the future.

I am disappointed but not surprised that they have taken pricing strategy that that have.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.