Les Brechin
October 7, 2015, 9:28am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,722
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from lukeo
really? how are we favourites?
Cheltenham  seem to be doing well and I'd say there's still not much between us and tranmere. I obviously want us to go up and feel like it's our year but I just find it strange how the tide changes so quickly with the bookies.
in saying that (slightly off subject) it sometimes makes you wonder, did anyone see the odds on the arsenal v man u game? no one call tell me united have ever been that big of odds in the past however many years?

Quite surprising really that Bet365 now have us at 11/4 but have Cheltenham at 7/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
gtfc98
October 7, 2015, 10:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Les Brechin

Quite surprising really that Bet365 now have us at 11/4 but have Cheltenham at 7/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner

They've obviously noticed that Cheltenham have Harry Pell and Danny Parslow in their side. Must just be a blip. Expect them to finish mid table.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
GrimRob
October 7, 2015, 11:45am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Cheltenham definitely the value bet IMHO

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 28
highcliff mariner
October 7, 2015, 12:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from GrimRob
Cheltenham definitely the value bet IMHO

Only if they win it ?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
carrot top
October 7, 2015, 12:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I expect it to be a 4 way scrap between us, Forest Green, Tranmere and Cheltenham. Anybody's out of the 4 really. A good run by any of them now could put them in the box seat

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
GrimRob
October 7, 2015, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Only if they win it ?

Not really. Let's say you put a bet on Cheltenham to win the league and the price shortens considerably. You then can use your potential winnings to back other teams around them and bet on them to win the league. The idea is you win whatever happens. That's what I did and am still doing on this year's Baseball and I am developing a position in several long-term foootball markets. You need to start with a bet which is "value", i.e. a price you think will shorten over time.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 28
barralad
October 7, 2015, 10:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from GrimRob

Not really. Let's say you put a bet on Cheltenham to win the league and the price shortens considerably. You then can use your potential winnings to back other teams around them and bet on them to win the league. The idea is you win whatever happens. That's what I did and am still doing on this year's Baseball and I am developing a position in several long-term foootball markets. You need to start with a bet which is "value", i.e. a price you think will shorten over time.

You need to get out more...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2015, 12:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

Sounds risky using money you haven't got yet (and not guaranteed to get) to bet on something else which is also not guaranteed to win. So if you've misjudged your original "value" bet and it really is an 11:1 shot and it doesn't come home. Yes you might win one of the other teams you've backed but you'd also have to balance that against the stakes on the all other bets which you've lost.

Or have I misunderstood?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
highcliff mariner
October 8, 2015, 7:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from GrimRob

That's a joke right . ? This time next year an all that ,there is only one eventual winner in that gambling lark .
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
DocTower
October 8, 2015, 8:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
We loose one game and it will be back to doom and gloom . Mugs game gambling , like you say , only one winner .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby now clear favourites for the title

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.