1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
May 18, 2015, 3:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Anyone else have James McKeown's nearly penalty save replaying in their head today?  I can't remember whether it was the first or second BR penalty where he got down low to his left, got a hand to it and nearly tipped the ball round the post, but it went in.  Those are the fine margins that decide matches.  It was a great effort and if he's saved it, maybe JPP would have felt a little bit pressure.  Maybe, maybe.... roll on next season so that we can start dealing in realities again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Alfie
May 18, 2015, 3:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
His reaction said it all - he should have saved it. Really nice height and pace for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
arryarryarry
May 18, 2015, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Anyone else have James McKeown's nearly penalty save replaying in their head today?  I can't remember whether it was the first or second BR penalty where he got down low to his left, got a hand to it and nearly tipped the ball round the post, but it went in.  Those are the fine margins that decide matches.  It was a great effort and if he's saved it, maybe JPP would have felt a little bit pressure.  Maybe, maybe.... roll on next season so that we can start dealing in realities again!

No

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
FishOutOfWater
May 18, 2015, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37

It was the second one as I recall it...in which case it was taken by Matty Taylor. Who said cheats don't prosper eh?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 9
LondonMariner43
May 18, 2015, 3:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Can we sign Steve Mildenhall for next season as our reserve keeper, just to come on in the play off final?  He didn't actually make a save but he looks a big unit and fills the goal - and that can play with the heads of the penalty taker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
FishOutOfWater
May 18, 2015, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Can we sign Steve Mildenhall for next season as our reserve keeper, just to come on in the play off final?  He didn't actually make a save but he looks a big unit and fills the goal - and that can play with the heads of the penalty taker.

Ironic isn't it ( or maybe it's not strictly the definition ) but when he saved that pen in our last play off final it meant nothing in the end but then yesterday he got through his team through without having to make a save

Funny old game eh
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
Jarmo.Is.God
May 18, 2015, 4:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
didnt we have one that Mildenhall got his hand to aswell tho ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
wigworld
May 18, 2015, 6:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
didnt we have one that Mildenhall got his hand to aswell tho ?

He got a hand to Lenny's but it had too much power on it for him to stop it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 9
Jaws
May 18, 2015, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Thought it was a bit odd to applaud Mildenhall coming on given what he was coming on for. Bet he didn't feel under pressure at all.... I'd boo my own family if it helped us get promotion.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2015, 9:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jaws
Thought it was a bit odd to applaud Mildenhall coming on given what he was coming on for. Bet he didn't feel under pressure at all.... I'd boo my own family if it helped us get promotion.

It's arguable that booing the opposition actually helps us though. More often than not it motivates them to try harder.

Kill em with kindness  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Mckeown's nearly save

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.