Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Commiserations!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 305 Guests

Commiserations!

This thread currently has 1,893 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Gastafari
May 18, 2015, 1:15am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +91
I haven't came on to be patronising or to gloat.

I genuinely feel for you guys, I dont think either side deserved to lose, and penalties are always cruel to the team who loses.

You absolutely battered us for the first 20 minutes, and in all fairness our keeper could of been sent off, and you could of been at least 2 up at that point.

Luckily we rode the storm and we came into our own for the last hour of the game.

Obviously I am ecstatic that we won, but I do feel sorry for you guys.

I think I speak for the majority of Gasheads, and I wish you nothing but good luck for next season and we will be rooting for you to get out of The Conference in the coming season.

Your fans did you proud today and you made a lot of noise, I have the upmost respect for Grimsby and I sincerely hope you get promoted next season as you are a proper Football League club.

Unlucky guys and good luck for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
May 18, 2015, 1:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Thanks mate, at least we lost out to a "proper" league side. I just wish we lost to a goal rather than penalties, but hey ho.

Cracking day out great atmosphere inside & outside the stadium, plenty of good natured banter.

All the best to you good luck for next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Nelly GTFC
May 18, 2015, 2:13am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Gastafari
Your fans did you proud today and you made a lot of noise, I have the upmost respect for Grimsby and I sincerely hope you get promoted next season as you are a proper Football League club.

Unlucky guys and good luck for next season.
Just saw on BT Sports that even your manager said after the game that Grimsby was the better side; when the game was being played both managers were talking to each other in good spirit.

Said in another thread, probally 99.9%+ of your fans have been decent, everyones got more or less the same opinion of the game.

No reason why Bristol Rovers can't challenge for promotion from League 2 with the 3 positions up for grabs, and well there's always the play-offs again lol.

Good luck for next season.  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
jimgtfc
May 18, 2015, 6:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 44
Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but by the same notion I'm pleased it's you guys going up. Had a cracking day yesterday, spoke to loads of gasheads before and after and you all seem a great bunch. A club the size of Rovers should never have to kick a ball at this level again, and I genuinely hope you succeed again next season in league 2.

As for us, we'll bounce back. Hopefully keep the majority of the squad together and add a little spark here and there.

This season is over. Can't wait for August!

UTM!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
TheGas
May 18, 2015, 7:29am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +23
Brilliant time spent in London, cracking atmosphere, your fans are a credit to the club.
The occasion got to both teams as they can play so much better, you were marginally the better side, we gave you a goal start and continually slipped and gave the ball away throughout the game, and in all honesty you should have taken advantage of this, on the day both teams were quite poor along with the usual weak Conferance officials.
If your team were half as good the fans you would have won easily, unfortunately fans don't win games
Genuine good wishes next season and hopefully will be seeing you back in the Football League very soon
Keep believing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
cmackenzie4
May 18, 2015, 7:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
To be honest, I am proud of every player and every fan of Grimsby Town, We played really well yesterday and the fans where fantastic.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
ginnywings
May 18, 2015, 8:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
If we had to lose, then i'm glad it was to Rovers and not some Johnny-cum-lately, tofu eaters. I just wish to god you lot had beaten Dover and won the league, then we could have taken care of Barnet again, with 2 proper clubs back in the league where they belong.

I also think that you have bucked the trend of struggling in your first season or two down here and escaped before you became too entrenched. You got yourself a good lower league experienced manager in place with a couple of good play off wins on his CV in readiness, whereas we made the mistake of appointing a Mr nice guy and have paid the price.

I feared you would be too organised for us to break down and you were, as we struggle to put the ball in the net when we do have a good spell and yesterdays game was a reflection of our whole season. Close but not close enough.

Good luck Gasheads and don't drop down here again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Yoda
May 18, 2015, 8:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Thanks Gastafari a bit gutting to loose on penalties but thats life, a bit disappointed in Taylor your striker falling all over the place not very sporting.
On balance you where the second best team in the league over the full season and deserved to go up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Commiserations!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.