1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 17, 2015, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
The board need to gather themselves, undertake their review of the season objectives and targets,  sit down with Hurst to hear his thoughts and make a rational decision pretty quickly regards next season.

I get the feeling that the players have a strong bond with Hurst so if he moves on then i think player loyalty goes out the window and some will shop around for a better deal potentially decimating the squad.
Therefore we will need a manager in ASAP to get the wheeling and dealing done during the summer break.

If Hurst and the board are happy to continue as is then again the board need to act quick so Hurst can start his conversations now with retaining players and talking to targets.

Either way up we CANNOT afford to repeat the mistakes of last pre season and not have key players in place before pre season starts/ends , last seasons striker No. 29 saga and the "hairs on our necks" b0ll0cks resulted in a poor start and poor relationship between club and fans.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
May 17, 2015, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Give it a few days maybe! Let the emotions and frustrations and disappointments pass through, then approach all of those matters with a clearer, more objective mind. We're all human.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
LondonMariner43
May 17, 2015, 9:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
I thought Fenty said a few weeks back that, win or lose, Hurst was staying.  Of course he might get good offers elsewhere but hopefully he still wants to stay and take us up as Champions next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
moosey_club
May 17, 2015, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Give it a few days maybe! Let the emotions and frustrations and disappointments pass through, then approach all of those matters with a clearer, more objective mind. We're all human.

I didnt mean tonight..lol...but in reality i would expect the board have already contemplated both outcomes today and have done the spadework on assessing both potential results.
Average attendance/ gate receipts against the business plan, football fortune from cup runs, etc.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
moosey_club
May 17, 2015, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I thought Fenty said a few weeks back that, win or lose, Hurst was staying.  Of course he might get good offers elsewhere but hopefully he still wants to stay and take us up as Champions next year.

Well i wouldnt expect that he would come out and say if he loses he is getting sacked would you?
If he stands by that then fine, its just the decision needs to be clear and made allowing full scale of the summer to be focussed on recruitng the right players.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
GrimRob
May 17, 2015, 10:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LondonMariner43

He might get offers but we'd be due compensation. The Easleighs of this world might want him and be prepared to pay us but if we sack him we'd have to pay him the compensation!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Review/  Decision Time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.