Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BITING AT THE NECK (LAURIE MAC)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 379 Guests

BITING AT THE NECK (LAURIE MAC)

This thread currently has 1,138 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
newfootballer
May 14, 2015, 2:04pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Biting at the neck was a item of words that were very common when Laurie Mac was at Grimsby.

What he actually meant was to put the opposition under extreme pressure at every chance you had.. Do not give them any chance to settle against you and the rest olf your team mates.

Eventually after a lot of hard work the ball came to be in control of yourself.and that was when we took control of the game.
That was the plan it did not always work that way,  but under Laurie it certainly did on most occasions.
That is what I feel we should  do from the start at Wembley, because we are the underdogs and we will after to put them under a lot of pressure right from the start. I must say this I really feel that we can do this providing all the players that are out on the pitch give at least 100% per cent in every tackle, always pick up players that are unmarked do not let them have a free game.
"UP THE MARINERS" we can do it.
Dave Boylen

NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Teestogreen
May 14, 2015, 10:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from newfootballer
Biting at the neck was a item of words that were very common when Laurie Mac was at Grimsby.

What he actually meant was to put the opposition under extreme pressure at every chance you had.. Do not give them any chance to settle against you and the rest olf your team mates.

Eventually after a lot of hard work the ball came to be in control of yourself.and that was when we took control of the game.
That was the plan it did not always work that way,  but under Laurie it certainly did on most occasions.
That is what I feel we should  do from the start at Wembley, because we are the underdogs and we will after to put them under a lot of pressure right from the start. I must say this I really feel that we can do this providing all the players that are out on the pitch give at least 100% per cent in every tackle, always pick up players that are unmarked do not let them have a free game.
"UP THE MARINERS" we can do it.
Dave Boylen

NEWFOOTBALLER

I agree Dave. Town are capable of winning this game.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BITING AT THE NECK (LAURIE MAC)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.