This thread currently has 1,489 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
May 1, 2015, 8:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Unlike some I have never said a bad word about john fenty or any previous members of the board and as I don't know him personally wouldn't dream of calling him. In comparison I thought the interview with the Eastleigh chairman prior to kick shocked me a bit. He came across as a really nice guy happy to try and start a new venture at Eastleigh and in his own words make football affordable to the masses on the south coast. I think he was shocked how successfull they had been this year. Yes he has made a large financial investment but he made no targets for this year and no pressure or demands on his manager and players. I thought he had a really refreshing attitude to the game. It is a shame john fenty didn't get the same opportunity to show the other side to him, away from business and that he  is first and foremost a fan people like these are not in the game to make money as some chairman are, they do it for the love of it and I for one  am glad they do. Chairmen don't deserve the stick we throw at them a lot of the time. It was just refreshing to hear the Eastleigh guy speak, just a normal guy who just happens to be rich and no ego. It changed my view of them being the rich money club to be honest. Did anyone else hear him on tv.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Madeleymariner
May 1, 2015, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
They were charging £20 for  a non league game, a lot more than half the clubs in this league
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
LH
May 1, 2015, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Still more affordable than Southampton, Bournemouth and probably Pompey.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
grimsby pete
May 1, 2015, 8:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Yes I heard him Jeff and agree with your thoughts,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Les Brechin
May 1, 2015, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Madeleymariner
They were charging £20 for  a non league game, a lot more than half the clubs in this league

Yeah, that was a bit of a con really. I bought standing tickets but when you went through the turnstiles there was nothing to stop anyone who bought a £15 standing ticket sitting down in a £20 seat, like a lot of fans did in the 2nd half.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2015, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,878
Gold Stars: 227
I thought he was o.k. and apparently in the league fixture at their place he did buy a load of Town fans a pint and a pie. £20 quid may be cheaper than many local league clubs but (Barnet Apart) its the highest price I have seen this season.

Their club felt reasonably friendly apart from a steward at the away end who pushed a little lad over when he stood on the barrier to greet the town players, don't worry his dad (who is a H&A stalwart) put him straight,  

Bit bad that they did not lay on beer for the town fans (even Coalville did last year) as we are usually "happy as a pig in sh1t" with a few pints and a decent game.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
barralad
May 2, 2015, 3:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I thought he was o.k. and apparently in the league fixture at their place he did buy a load of Town fans a pint and a pie. £20 quid may be cheaper than many local league clubs but (Barnet Apart) its the highest price I have seen this season.

Their club felt reasonably friendly apart from a steward at the away end who pushed a little lad over when he stood on the barrier to greet the town players, don't worry his dad (who is a H&A stalwart) put him straight,  

Bit bad that they did not lay on beer for the town fans (even Coalville did last year) as we are usually "happy as a pig in sh1t" with a few pints and a decent game.  

Not only that he shook hands with a lot of the Town fans and thanked them for coming such a long way on a Tuesday night. The pies were what was left over from the game and were given to the supporters bus-still warm. Very generous!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleighs chairman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.