arryarryarry
March 26, 2015, 9:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

And ultimately Cook was not good enough to fire us into a promotion challenging position either.

Did we not finish in the play-offs when he was our leading scorer? or are you saying that is not a promotion challenging position, if so you could say exactly the same about LJL the past two seasons.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
springstomind
March 26, 2015, 9:06am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Worst post ever. I hope you read it back and "except" that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Maringer
March 26, 2015, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,494
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did we not finish in the play-offs when he was our leading scorer? or are you saying that is not a promotion challenging position, if so you could say exactly the same about LJL the past two seasons.

LJL is not a great goalscorer by any means but he's scored more League goals in 34 appearances this season than Cook managed in two years at the club.

Says all you really need to know about Cook, in my personal opinion.

All in all, I think Hannah is potentially a little bit better than Cook (he at least puts in plenty of effort, not something Cookie could ever be accused of), but I still don't think he's quite good enough to be the main striker for a promotion-hunting team.

If only we'd had Palmer available to us since the start of the season...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
TownSNAFU5
March 26, 2015, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Like Paddy, he is not regarded highly enough by the manager.  Without playing regularly, he will not be sharp enough now to do the team or himself justice.   He promised a lot before we signed him but has not reached this level since.   Sad really but there it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
friskneymariner
March 26, 2015, 10:25am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Someone bored?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
wiggers
March 26, 2015, 10:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
His Town career is over I'm afraid. Agree with previous poster, expect him to be at a club like Alferton next season. Had a fantastic start here originally but hasn't really done much this season. I know his chances have been limited, but when given the opportunity from the bench just hasn't done enough. He's frustrating because he has the pace to beat a majority of the big bruising defenders in this division even if he gave them a 5 yard head start, but is constantly caught offside because he plays on the shoulder of the defender all the time. Unless we get injuries can't see him getting much more game time this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
thevera
March 26, 2015, 12:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
I think he got lucky when he came to us. He did have a very good initial loan spell which enabled him to secure a 2 1/2 year contract which are rarely offered by many clubs, Town included, these days. If I remember right he held out for a while possibly to get himself those good terms. Had he have not got that contract i do wonder where and on what terms he would be now. He is a useful guy to have coming of the bench occasionally but I can't see that being the case next year.
I wish him all the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
psgmariner
March 26, 2015, 1:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We paid for a fee didn't we?

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
horsforthmariner
March 26, 2015, 1:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,612
Gold Stars: 9
Feel a bit sorry for Ross, works hard, quick and not a bad finisher. his problem is that he doesn't really fit into Hurst's system and he isn't as good as shop, pittman or palmer.

I think he's also a confidence player and sitting on the bench isn't going to build any confidence. Suspect he will do well at a bottom end team like Alty, Southport or Lincoln but not a team going for promotion.

I wish him all the best but it's clear he won't be here next season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
ginnywings
March 26, 2015, 2:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Did enough for Bradford to sign him but then didn't get a look in and then did enough for us to take him on and eventually couldn't get a look in here either. Seems he's good but not good enough to make the step up to the next level. Some work out, some don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.