2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
March 18, 2015, 9:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
I've not posted on here for years (thanks to Rob for password reset etc). I read almost every post/reply on here - religiously.

I try to get to as many away games as possible and now take my 5 year year old (i.e. the last 7 away games) and each costs me around £100 after train fare, tickets, beer etc and as an exile (never having lived above London) I feel well qualified to perhaps share an unbiased opinion on this season/thoughts.

I bumped into some Bristol Rovers fans on the train back from Chester on Saturday and first thing they commented on was the negative feedback about Hurst on forums - which they had read after their comeback at Halifax.

Town draw a game, after 4 wins, and many want Hurst out - On Saturday, Chester came at Town at the start of the 2nd half and we scored somewhat against the run of play and we could have won or lost the game. Whether the decision to take off a striker was right - this does not make or break a whole season. We won the previous four by defending well when needed!

We should have won at Forest Green, we were lucky to win at Torquay....and so on.

Give Hurst a bloody break, support our team to the end of the season then review and re group.

Just a couple of years ago we had Newell in charge and carnage that brought, now we're one of the best supported away teams outside the Championship and playing the best football we have for a fair few years.

Look at Magnet, Disley and Palmer - the players' want it.

Support and BELIEVE - for we are Town.

UTM

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
March 18, 2015, 9:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
the players want it, the fans want it.

if we drew in different circumstances people wouldn't be as angry as they are due to a striker being taken off for a defender who went in midfield !

apart from that, i like your dedication
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Teestogreen
March 18, 2015, 9:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Bristol Mariner - you project your feelings well.
Same here now - no point in getting wound up. The recent form is the best in the division.
Paul just has to get over that last game (which was not a disaster and I would have settled for a point before the game considering Chester's good form) and go for the jugular against Eastleigh.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
big al
March 19, 2015, 9:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
I've not posted on here for years (thanks to Rob for password reset etc). I read almost every post/reply on here - religiously.

I try to get to as many away games as possible and now take my 5 year year old (i.e. the last 7 away games) and each costs me around £100 after train fare, tickets, beer etc and as an exile (never having lived above London) I feel well qualified to perhaps share an unbiased opinion on this season/thoughts.

I bumped into some Bristol Rovers fans on the train back from Chester on Saturday and first thing they commented on was the negative feedback about Hurst on forums - which they had read after their comeback at Halifax.

Town draw a game, after 4 wins, and many want Hurst out - On Saturday, Chester came at Town at the start of the 2nd half and we scored somewhat against the run of play and we could have won or lost the game. Whether the decision to take off a striker was right - this does not make or break a whole season. We won the previous four by defending well when needed!

We should have won at Forest Green, we were lucky to win at Torquay....and so on.

Give Hurst a bloody break, support our team to the end of the season then review and re group.

Just a couple of years ago we had Newell in charge and carnage that brought, now we're one of the best supported away teams outside the Championship and playing the best football we have for a fair few years.

Look at Magnet, Disley and Palmer - the players' want it.

Support and BELIEVE - for we are Town.

UTM

A sensible, level headed and measured post like this is a breath of fresh air. Football should bring you enjoyment and the occasional bout of unbridled joy - Wembley - Northampton Town etc When it's not going as you want it to, you sometimes have to roll with it. I know a lot of people are suggesting that the quality of this league is the worst its been for a few seasons but the six games (four away) I've seen this season remind me of the confident footballing sides we had of the past. I'm enjoying it...and I really believe we will go up one way or another.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
jonnyboy82
March 19, 2015, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Appreciate your opinion but "playing some of the best football for years " is a bit of a laugh ain't it mate ?

Will see what happens and hope we go up sooo  much but if if we don't he needs to be gone and none of this Fenty bullshit let's review it NO it has to be adios asap after the season ends.

If we go up it would be hard to not give him the chance.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
supertown
March 19, 2015, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Appreciate your opinion but "playing some of the best football for years " is a bit of a laugh ain't it mate ?

Will see what happens and hope we go up sooo  much but if if we don't he needs to be gone and none of this Fenty bullshit let's review it NO it has to be adios asap after the season ends.

If we go up it would be hard to not give him the chance.

The two games against Barnet were two of the best performances for years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
TownSNAFU5
March 19, 2015, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Does anyone have a slight feeling that in the run-in if we ALL (manager, players and fans) want promotion so much, we will try too hard and it all goes wrong?

Large home crowds strangely do not seem to help the players perform better.

On the other hand the last 2 play-offs could hardly have gone any worse.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
arryarryarry
March 19, 2015, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from supertown

The two games against Barnet were two of the best performances for years

Whilst I would agree with you especially with the Barnet away game there have been a fair number of performances that have been crap even the odd win here and there have been pretty woeful to watch.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
lukeo
March 19, 2015, 11:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,361
Gold Stars: 143
Bristol mariner, off subject.. You still in Bristol? Take a look at the new section of car sharing and keep us updated if you're looking to go anywhere pal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
grimsby pete
March 19, 2015, 11:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Town to me is the 2nd most important thing in my life, next to my family,

So if I blow my top when I am frustrated,

I hope you understand,

After all, who can say they have been married but never argued with their wife/husband.

Loving GTFC is like a marriage and we have been together for 60 years now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town - to me

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.