This thread currently has 3,254 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
March 17, 2015, 7:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
well it is looking like we are going to have to go through the play offs again this year ............. My problem is that we are following that same old pattern after xmas . Negative tactics draining the spark and life out of our players . Just when we get some Fan/Player momentum going PH comes along and kills it with negativity . It happens every season and then you are left wondering why the players cant raise their game for the Play Offs . If you don't agree with this post please give me loads of xxxxxx  I love a good kiss in a morning .

We will hit the Brick Wall Again come April . Lets face it PH was out thought by Steve Burr on Saturday ..............Hang on , I wonder what Steve will be doing next season ???

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
March 17, 2015, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from fleabag1970
well it is looking like we are going to have to go through the play offs again this year ............. My problem is that we are following that same old pattern after xmas . Negative tactics draining the spark and life out of our players . Just when we get some Fan/Player momentum going PH comes along and kills it with negativity . It happens every season and then you are left wondering why the players cant raise their game for the Play Offs . If you don't agree with this post please give me loads of xxxxxx  I love a good kiss in a morning .

We will hit the Brick Wall Again come April . Lets face it PH was out thought by Steve Burr on Saturday ..............Hang on , I wonder what Steve will be doing next season ???

I don't think Steve burr out thought Paul hurst , I think Paul hurst simply copulated up by trying to be smarter than he actually is.

What happened on Saturday was all down to one man throwing it away not another out thinking him.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
pizzzza
March 17, 2015, 8:36am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I don't think Steve burr out thought Paul hurst , I think Paul hurst simply copulated up by trying to be smarter than he actually is.

What happened on Saturday was all down to one man throwing it away not another out thinking him.

You're half right. It's one thing making the mistake, but Chester had to capitalise on it, and they did.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Les Brechin
March 17, 2015, 9:28am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
I assume you'd rather us have gone out all-attacking in the last 5 games then and got about 5 points from them.

I can't defend his substitution on Saturday though, which did cost us 2 points.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
MeanwoodMariner
March 17, 2015, 11:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I completely share your frustration over the 2 points dropped at the weekend, but surely it can't override all the other facts. We've picked up 22 points in the last 10 games which is title winning form. I wish that was the pattern every year after xmas! We were coasting against Chester for 70 mins so, although he fcuked it up, he showed he is more than capable of getting the better of Steve Burr (as he has done virtually every time he's played Burr's teams in the last 2 years).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
ginnywings
March 17, 2015, 11:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I think for the first time in Hursts management, there was a sniff of a sea change. The players and the fans were starting to believe and have that whiff of arrogance needed to sweep all aside. The interaction with the fans and the players at the end of the Barnet and Woking games with the inflatables and wigs had that air of a juggernaut that was gathering momentum...............................and then came Saturday. The brakes got slightly applied and everyone suddenly thought, Hey up! here we go again. Nearly but not quite.

But we are still on a great run and if we put last Saturday to bed and quickly get that momentum back against Eastleigh, then anything is still possible. It's squeaky bum time for everyone, not just us and other teams will be feeling the pressure too.

Still fooking annoyed about the Chester slip but it's still there for the taking. Go take it Mr Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
MeanwoodMariner
March 17, 2015, 11:47am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I think for the first time in Hursts management, there was a sniff of a sea change. The players and the fans were starting to believe and have that whiff of arrogance needed to sweep all aside. The interaction with the fans and the players at the end of the Barnet and Woking games with the inflatables and wigs had that air of a juggernaut that was gathering momentum...............................and then came Saturday. The brakes got slightly applied and everyone suddenly thought, Hey up! here we go again. Nearly but not quite.

But we are still on a great run and if we put last Saturday to bed and quickly get that momentum back against Eastleigh, then anything is still possible. It's squeaky bum time for everyone, not just us and other teams will be feeling the pressure too.

Still fooking annoyed about the Chester slip but it's still there for the taking. Go take it Mr Hurst.

Agree with every word. My worry is that this will derail us, but there are plenty of reasons to hope it won't. A good result on Saturday and a couple of other results going our way will really get us going again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
ackomariner
March 17, 2015, 11:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah good post Ginny....exactly how a lot of people feel

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
WokingMariner
March 17, 2015, 1:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Look at the bigger picture rather than obsessing on 10 bad minutes of one game. We are top of the form table and have the easiest run in. Plenty still to play for. People accuse PH of being negative but some of the posters on here are so negative they should have a hotline to the Samaritans.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 14
TownSNAFU5
March 17, 2015, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,861
Gold Stars: 42
I think that the team is stronger this season (and the opposition weaker).  We have opportunities.  It remains to be seen if we have the courage - or the manager does - to seize these chances and be successful.

Hard to change ingrained cautious habits of human nature.  Fortune usually favours the brave.  

I would rather give it a good go than wimp out against Newport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brick wall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.