2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
March 13, 2015, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
That's what he says on Grimsby Telegraph, personally i don't agree with him Palmer and Pittman scored at the weekend he can't drop one of them for LJL, LJL has to work himself into the team like Disley has done, i found it funny in the week when Pittman was hinting that the manager should keep himself and Palmer upfront. I know Pittman can get a injury at anytime but i don't think its the time to drop him.

If PH brings LJL back in i think he would lose respect of the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Quagmire
March 13, 2015, 11:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
I really don't know who Hurst is trying to kid!!

The Undropable will be back in the starting 11 tomorrow.

Feel sorry for whichever of Pittman or Palmer that is dropped.

The same goes for people like Paddy who have to battle for a place and end up being dropped irrespective of performance whereas LJL walks straight back in.

He's the only player that Hurst feels the need to not only come out and defend in the Telegraph but also try and make excuses for the number of chances that he misses ie "He has played a lot more, so you would expect his ratio to be slightly lower".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
louth_in_the_south
March 13, 2015, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Lenny has to win his starting place back IMO . Palmer pitman and Arnold looked a decent mix last week at Woking .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
biggles9999
March 13, 2015, 11:33am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Theres a fair chance that Lenny wont be fit anyway - players who dont train for 2 weeks clearly lose a little bit of edge.

But Hurst is hardly likely to say in the press that our top scorer is definitley not playing is he - why would he give that away.

Sometimes people need to step back from getting so wound up by his press comments. We know he keeps things close to his chest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Maringer
March 13, 2015, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I doubt there is any problem with LJL's fitness. After all, he didn't drop out due to injury and he's not on the recovery from one in the way Palmer is. Not quite sure would you think he hasn't been training, especially when Hurst says he has looked sharp in training this week!

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....61-detail/story.html

A lot depends on the fitness of Palmer, I expect. Let's hope he's OK to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
biggles9999
March 13, 2015, 12:02pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Maringer
I doubt there is any problem with LJL's fitness. After all, he didn't drop out due to injury and he's not on the recovery from one in the way Palmer is. Not quite sure would you think he hasn't been training, especially when Hurst says he has looked sharp in training this week!

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....61-detail/story.html

A lot depends on the fitness of Palmer, I expect. Let's hope he's OK to play.

I thought he hadnt been training because the talk has been of him 'rejoining' the squad. I assume that he had been given some form of paternity.

It was that he wouldnt be fit, more that he wouldnt be sharp with the ball. Again Hurst is highly unlikely to say that 'Lenny has been terrible in training' is he, when he may need to start him depending upon the fitness of others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Maringer
March 13, 2015, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
But what I don't understand is why he would be off the pace? It is only two weeks since he played almost 90 minutes so it's not as it he's had a lengthy lay-off.

If anything, I'd hope the rest could have done him some good as he looked a bit jaded during some of the games in February which is not too surprising when you consider he had played pretty much every minute of every game in the preceding months.

The lack of any mention of Palmer's fitness is a bit of a worry to me because I reckon he might be struggling to be fit tomorrow when you consider his and Hurst's comments after the game last weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
devon mariner
March 13, 2015, 12:31pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
Personally if fit I would start with Pitman and Palmer with Shop coming off the bench later on in the game.  He would frighten the excrement out of their defence with his running when they are running out of steam.

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
grimsby pete
March 13, 2015, 12:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
John Lewis could come back all refreshed after his short break,

AND

Score his first hat trick for us .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
BIGChris
March 13, 2015, 12:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
There are lots of examples of players who have just become fathers scoring on the pitch.

hence that infuriating 'babe in arms' celebration
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › PH Striking Dilemma

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.