Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big decisions for PH
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

Big decisions for PH

This thread currently has 2,770 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
March 10, 2015, 7:39am
Guest User
Will be interesting to see who Paul Hurst selects at Chester. Ollie Palmer came in for LJL and scored at Woking (anyone else think LJL would have skied that simple opportunity?), we have Scott Brown on the bench, if I'm honest I've been a little disappointed with his performances as he started so brightly - but he would walk into most sides, if not all sides at this level. Dizza is 33 but shows no signs of needing a rest. Then we have Christian Jolley, for me he isn't a left midfielder in a 4-4-2, and he is too lightweight as a centre forward. I think you'd see the best of him in a 4-3-3 so he's a strange signing.

I hope PH benches LJL and keeps Palmer in the side, though I think he might have picked up an injury on Saturday, I'd go for the same team that won at Chester.
thevera
March 10, 2015, 7:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 75
Will be interesting to see who Paul Hurst selects at Chester. Ollie Palmer came in for LJL and scored at Woking (anyone else think LJL would have skied that simple opportunity?), we have Scott Brown on the bench, if I'm honest I've been a little disappointed with his performances as he started so brightly - but he would walk into most sides, if not all sides at this level. Dizza is 33 but shows no signs of needing a rest. Then we have Christian Jolley, for me he isn't a left midfielder in a 4-4-2, and he is too lightweight as a centre forward. I think you'd see the best of him in a 4-3-3 so he's a strange signing.

I hope PH benches LJL and keeps Palmer in the side, though I think he might have picked up an injury on Saturday, I'd go for the same team that won at Chester.

I'd agree with you on the team for Chester, keep it the same, however I can't agree that is was a simple opportunity for Palmer's goal. I wasn't there so only saw it on the computer but it looked to come at him a little quick not giving him much time to set himself and the angle looked a little tight. It's those type of goals Lenny seems to get it's the ones he has time to think he seems to miss.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
lee65
March 10, 2015, 8:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
At least currently we are debating which DECENT player to start, which is more than we've had in some recent seasons, particularly in midfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
moosey_club
March 10, 2015, 8:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Pretty sure i heard LJL had two weeks off so may not be that big a decision after all, Eastleigh will be the tricky selection.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Maringer
March 10, 2015, 8:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
We've already discussed this to some extent in other threads. If both are fit next week, it would be sensible for Hurst to continue with Palmer and Pittman up front. Wouldn't hurt LJL to have a couple of weeks off either as he has looked like he was running out of steam in the last month or two.

The big worry is about Palmer's fitness as comments by both Hurst and Palmer himself after the game on Saturday seemed to indicate his hamstring was still causing him problems. We already know that Pittman is likely to pick up hamstring tweaks a few times a season so it's a worry when both of your main strikers could be forced off at any point in a game. If he's back off paternity, we'll definitely need LJL on the bench at the very least.

I think Brown is very much overrated by many fans. Early in the season, he looked good and I thought he might be a player who could make a real difference this season. Unfortunately, he has never got close to his early season form in recent months and, at present, I'd prefer to see Clay playing in his place and I don't rate Clay as anything more than OK!

I think that Brown is perhaps one of those players who needs a good run of games to get his fitness up and form going and his injuries this season mean that he's not been up to the pace when he has come back in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
moosey_club
March 10, 2015, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
i think Glen Cockerill summed Clay and Disley up pretty well on Saturday's commentary, he hasnt seen them previously but he was impressed with Clay, said he worked well with his partner and complimented his game allowing Disley to push on, he gave Clay his MOM.
After an apparent shaky start to the season Disley certainly seems to have hit top form....any coincidence??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
BIGChris
March 10, 2015, 8:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from moosey_club
i think Glen Cockerill summed Clay and Disley up pretty well on Saturday's commentary, he hasnt seen them previously but he was impressed with Clay, said he worked well with his partner and complimented his game allowing Disley to push on, he gave Clay his MOM.
After an apparent shaky start to the season Disley certainly seems to have hit top form....any coincidence??

Didnt hear the commentary as I was at the game but Clay had a very good game. He really closed them down and generally we didnt let their midfield playmaker Payne, have any time on the ball. he also kept the ball moving with short passes but then made himself available to get it back if needed
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
March 10, 2015, 8:45am
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

Didnt hear the commentary as I was at the game but Clay had a very good game. He really closed them down and generally we didnt let their midfield playmaker Payne, have any time on the ball. he also kept the ball moving with short passes but then made himself available to get it back if needed

Clay is one of those unsung heroes, he works so hard and doesn't always get the plaudits he deserves. If he kept Payne quiet, he must have done well as I rate him highly.
Reply: 7 - 18
Garth
March 10, 2015, 8:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
IMO I would stay with the same team if no injuries, according to Humberside this morningn Palmer is itching to start Saturday, if Lennie goes we have a strong bench in LJL, Jolley, Brown, Parslow and Bignot.

Clay as suggested is a workhorse and compliments Dis, the only thing lacking in his portfolio is goals, but hey this is the Conference and Gerrards are rare
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Theimperialcoroner
March 10, 2015, 8:59am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Disley has hit top form for a few weeks now. Indeed in one of our blips he was running the show against Lincoln until he got booked. That seemed to make him much more cautious and allowed them to come at us more. It was a major factor in how the complexion of that game changed. His return to form Certainly seems to have coincided with Clay freeing him up a little. I think the goals he scores are definitely aided by this.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big decisions for PH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.