Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 136 Guests

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore..

This thread currently has 3,304 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 24, 2015, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
as Morrissey one proclaimed....

Mr Hurst...your apparent complete inability to see the plain obvious is wearing thin......just what did you see in LJL's overall performance this evening to warrant him completing 90 mins?

Seriously??

Not a dig at LJL as he just had a bad day but as manager you need to act when faced with such performances.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc82
February 24, 2015, 10:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Hurst's inability to pick players on merit or react to the game's situation is becoming increasingly frustrating! You could make a bet that he'll make subs at around the 70 minute mark each game, and that it won't be LJL, even when he's squandering endless chances!
We were just lucky today that Telford were worse than us, because we were awful!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Maringer
February 24, 2015, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I suppose you'd have to say that LJL was at least getting into the positions to have the chances and the keeper made a couple of decent saves from him! He should certainly have scored at least once from the 3 one-on-ones he had, however, though Jolley and Arnold missed similarly good chances.

Can't believe we didn't beat that really poor Telford team more convincingly though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
chaos33
February 25, 2015, 12:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
It's funny - I went with my Luton-supporting mate tonight, so he lends an objective pair of eyes. He last watched us in Spring last season and tonight he said 'I told you a year ago you'd never get promoted with John Lewis leading your forward line, and what are you still doing....?'

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
springstomind
February 25, 2015, 7:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
The players and fans may have wanted more goals, but all Hurst would have been thinking was to see the game out and hold the lead , so to have that strength and outlet up front is priceless... That's probably his thought process. He is very defensive minded remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
gtfc82
February 25, 2015, 8:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from springstomind
He is very defensive minded remember.

Too defensive minded, especially against poor teams! Also the formation was too rigid, leading to unnecessary passes sideways and backwards. The times when we passed it quickly forward we carved them open!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
OneLove
February 25, 2015, 8:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I would love to see his stats this season for chances on goal, missed etc. I could easily of bagged them chances last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
oldun
February 25, 2015, 8:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I like Lenny, but I must admit he should have scored a couple last night and probably set up others as well. Having accepted that he saw more goalmouth action than any other player and he made most of the chances himself through his strength and hard work. I think he started to beat himself up a bit as the chances came and went and he is trying too hard. Needs to be a bit calmer when the scoring opportunities come to him. Seems to want to blast it each time and I can't help thinking Palmer might have tucked some away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
jimgtfc
February 25, 2015, 8:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Agree with what's been said, but at least he was getting into positions to score. Did more than Jolley for me.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Theimperialcoroner
February 25, 2015, 8:44am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
One thing I noticed was how deepJolley went to go looking for the ball and to help out. This meant that he was too far away from Lennie. Both worked very hard last night, just not really together.
Lennie clearly trying too hard and probs needs a rest.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.