This thread currently has 4,627 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
February 22, 2015, 8:44am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,166
Gold Stars: 102
The away support yesterday was magnificent. Especially after a very poor couple of results. Without wanting to get into a male private swinging contest, I'd be interested to see where that sits with some of the bigger clubs. For example there didn't seem to be that many QPR fans at the Kercee.
Maybe someone who knows about such things could produce a table. Les, I'm thinking about you here of course.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mrs Doyle
February 22, 2015, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bri136qRGAo#t=63

for best effect go large screen and turn up volume.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Trawler
February 22, 2015, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bri136qRGAo#t=63

for best effect go large screen and turn up volume.

That is awesome.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
jimgtfc
February 22, 2015, 9:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Fantastic scene, gutted I wasn't there... just need to try and carry that atmosphere on to Tuesday night and help us to within 6 points of top spot. Bring all the inflatables and flags you can!!!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
cmackenzie4
February 22, 2015, 9:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Excellent!  Really wish I could of been there, well done to all who went.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Trawler
February 22, 2015, 9:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Please please can we do this at Blundell Park.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 22, 2015, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Trawler

Stewards would never allow it  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
chaos33
February 22, 2015, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Sussexmariner
February 22, 2015, 10:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Trawler

Just like all other clubs the away support is always more vocal,  it's hard to get any sort of atmosphere going at BP with 1 man and his dog being the average away following at BP this season.

Also can I just say that game was absolutely mental!! I took it as being a nothing match, we're not going to win the league, win lose or draw we should win enough games to finish in the play-offs again but the atmosphere in the away end was unbelievable, has to be said drink played a large part of it! I was in the Globe pub oppersite the Baker St underground and there were about 30-40 "Grimsby lads" in there by 11:30 making lots of noise and drinking the place dry! And that carried over to the ground, and if you are from Barnet football club I'd check the away end for structural damage, after a rendition of the "Bouncy bouncy" song with 900 town fans jumping up and down I and a few others heard a large "snap" and "grinding" noise from the metal griders beneath us!

An absolutely mental day out yesterday, FGR stewards, be very very careful who you choose to pick on if we get you in the play-offs!!

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Mrs Doyle
February 22, 2015, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObAWq6b3xZ0

Here is one during and after we score and the final scenes at the end god konw what will happens if we do the unthinkable lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Support

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.