This thread currently has 4,516 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
SamTheMariner
February 19, 2015, 11:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Hurst has said his confidence is still high but I find it hard to believe. Most strikers like him score goals, he doesn't. I have been saying for a while now that he is not good enough.

Compare him to Lenny (who a large proportion of BP dislike) Lenny is better in the air, holds the ball up better, Links the play up brilliantly, Hannah is hardly ever involved in the build up, Lenny has 15 goals to Hannah's 3, We average 3 offsides per game when he's not in the team compared to 11 when he is. People say "well he's a good finisher", he evidently isn't missed a sitter on Saturday and an absolute golden opportunity against Forest Green the rebound in particular. He had a goal chalked off because he was offside and clearly was (because he always is). In my opinion he's not good enough, enough get rid of Hurst, get rid of Hannah.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
February 19, 2015, 11:23am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Well he's a good finisher.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Vance Warner
February 19, 2015, 11:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
IMO he gets caught offside so much because he doesn't have confidence that he can outpace defenders any more. He does seem to have lost quite a bit of pace since we signed him but needs to adapt his game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
horsforthmariner
February 19, 2015, 11:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
To be fair to Ross strikers find it hard to be sharp when they don't play regularly. Sadly for Ross he hasn't really improved since he has got here, in fact he's gone backwards. He'll end up next season at a relegation threatened conference side next season - a team like Lincoln  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
ackomariner
February 19, 2015, 11:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Hurst has said his confidence is still high but I find it hard to believe. Most strikers like him score goals, he doesn't. I have been saying for a while now that he is not good enough.

Compare him to Lenny (who a large proportion of BP dislike) Lenny is better in the air, holds the ball up better, Links the play up brilliantly, Hannah is hardly ever involved in the build up, Lenny has 15 goals to Hannah's 3, We average 3 offsides per game when he's not in the team compared to 11 when he is. People say "well he's a good finisher", he evidently isn't missed a sitter on Saturday and an absolute golden opportunity against Forest Green the rebound in particular. He had a goal chalked off because he was offside and clearly was (because he always is). In my opinion he's not good enough, enough get rid of Hurst, get rid of Hannah.

I would say that lewis has missed ten sitters to Hannah's one in the last two seasons.

Did you find my thread the other day after slagging me off, because you've been very quiet mate.....just wondered like

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
sapper mariner
February 19, 2015, 11:48am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
How much game time has LJL had compared Hannah this season. How many sitters has LJL missed this season as for the offsides dodgy decision's lack of match sharpness who knows. I for one like both but both lack consistency.  

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
Tangerine Chris
February 19, 2015, 12:45pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Lewis - played 810 mins of football - scored 1 goal (penalty v Barnet)
Hannah - played 65 mins of football - scored 1 goal

So tell me, who has the better strike rate again???

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
Abdul19
February 19, 2015, 1:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Lewis - played 810 mins of football - scored 1 goal (penalty v Barnet)
Hannah - played 65 mins of football - scored 1 goal

So tell me, who has the better strike rate again???

Interesting selective cutting of stats there! (using 3 games for Hannah and 9 for JOHN-Lewis (2 of which he didn't play 90 minutes in))

Using The Fishy stats (so blame Rob if it's wrong) LJL has 15 in 2800 minutes and Hannah has 3 in 828.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
arryarryarry
February 19, 2015, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I don't think that Hannah has played as well as when he was here on loan, and yes he does get caught off-side quite a bit but comparing him with LJL is just barmy and as for taking about missing chances, LJL in his first season or so was one of the worst strikers we have had in along time at that.

There have been times in some games we have played this season that we have never looked like scoring but bringing on a sub with 15 minutes to go is pointless so to be fair to Ross Hannah he should have been given more game time when for example LJL has been firing blanks, but we all know what PH thinks of LJL.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
grimsby pete
February 19, 2015, 1:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I would think Hannah will start at Barnet if Palmer is not fit,

I would rather give Watson a start but you know Hurst.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.