1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 2, 2015, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Saw him on soccer am a few months back. The man was broken after being frozen out by the wolves hierarchy. Today, he's got what he wanted and had his contract paid up. Good luck to the bloke.

Now, ever fancied Cleethorpes.....................

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
February 2, 2015, 10:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Not even he could get us relegated I suppose.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 2, 2015, 11:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Not exactly universally popular is he?

[url]http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/11/01/roger-johnson-im-at-wolves-for-the-money/[/url]

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 3, 2015, 5:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178

[url]http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/11/01/roger-johnson-im-at-wolves-for-the-money/[/url]

He fell out with the boss and basically said why should he be the one to leave and lose out

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Maringer
February 3, 2015, 7:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,408
Gold Stars: 184
After reading that report, it says more about Jackett than Johnson, if you ask me. The idea that you should be able to try and force employees out by mistreating them wouldn't be accepted in any other walk of life. Johnson (and the others) obviously haven't done anything serious enough to get them fired so Jackett's behaviour seems unacceptable to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
diehardmariner
February 3, 2015, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,420
Gold Stars: 532

What's Johnson done wrong?

If I was sat on that contract, I wouldn't be in a rush to tear it up.  

Footballers get slated all the time for not giving up massive contracts, Shaun Wright-Phillips the latest example. Only an idiot would volunteer to give up a contract like that.  If the clubs are stupid enough to offer these wages, more fool them.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 3, 2015, 10:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer
After reading that report, it says more about Jackett than Johnson, if you ask me. The idea that you should be able to try and force employees out by mistreating them wouldn't be accepted in any other walk of life. Johnson (and the others) obviously haven't done anything serious enough to get them fired so Jackett's behaviour seems unacceptable to me.

Maybe so. I don't know and I certainly wouldn't defend either Jackett or Johnson because the article is only giving one side of the story. That was my point I suppose, there are always two sides aren't there?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Roger johnson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.