4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 1, 2015, 1:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
If we beat Barnet and Bristol Rovers we will have a good chance of winning the league,

I also think Barnet will not be far off our total,

I will go with ,

1. Town  88pts

2. Barnet  87pts

3. Bristol Rovers  87pts

4.Macclesfield   84 pts

5,  ??????

After studying the fixtures I have revised my final points totals to,

1. TOWN  89PTS

2 BARNET  88PTS

3  BRISTOL   83 PTS

4  MACCLESFIELD  79PTS

5  ??????????

I wonder which of my predictions will be closer.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
chaos33
February 1, 2015, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Pete, Barnet have got 14 games remaining and you have them achieving only 22 more points. Do you actually think it's realistic to expect them to win only half of those games or less?

They've only lost 7 games out of the 32 they've played all season, and now, all of a sudden they're gonna lose 6 more?!

Come on, I'm all for people having an opinion but let's use our experience, sense and knowledge to try to project with some kind of rational credibility.

PS: This is to say nothing of the fact that you have us gaining 32 points from 14 games. That would be an astonishing leap in season long form.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
LH
February 1, 2015, 1:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,517
Gold Stars: 173
Two or three weeks ago one of the posters who reckons Town would win the title on this thread wanted Hurst gone - and you're asking for sense and knowledge?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
grimsby pete
February 1, 2015, 1:55pm

Exile
Quoted from chaos33
Pete, Barnet have got 14 games remaining and you have them achieving only 22 more points. Do you actually think it's realistic to expect them to win only half of those games or less?

They've only lost 7 games out of the 32 they've played all season, and now, all of a sudden they're gonna lose 6 more?!

Come on, I'm all for people having an opinion but let's use our experience, sense and knowledge to try to project with some kind of rational credibility.

PS: This is to say nothing of the fact that you have us gaining 32 points from 14 games. That would be an astonishing leap in season long form.

Sorry chaos, I have just taken a happy pill  

I did my calculation without looking at the fixtures,

I will revise when I have studied the fixtures more closely,

BUT

That is not to say Barnet will crack up and we go on a winning spree.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
grimsby pete
February 1, 2015, 2:30pm

Exile
Quoted from LH
Two or three weeks ago one of the posters who reckons Town would win the title on this thread wanted Hurst gone - and you're asking for sense and knowledge?

That was before we had signed 3 players and I was a little depressed at the time,

Now I feel we are unbeatable

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
chaos33
February 1, 2015, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
You have changed your mind a fair few times this season Pete!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
ginnywings
February 1, 2015, 3:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Beating Barnet again is crucial to us having a chance of winning the league. Big 6 pointer. Beating Bristol would help too but we need to up our points per game ratio, coupled with Barnet dropping theirs a bit. It can be done but for me, Hurst has not improved the team much over the last 2 seasons. We are there or thereabouts around 4th or 5th and haven't really looked like jumping to the next level. The 3 signings this month may well be the ones who take us to that next level, but time will tell. Defensively, we are already there, it's at the top end where we have not progressed enough to turn losses into draws and draws into wins. We may have cured that problem now, who can tell?

Would have been much easier if we'd got more firepower earlier on, because a few more well timed goals would have seen us with possibly 10 more points and favourites. It has taken a hell of a long time to get some players in that look like they have goals in them. Still think we are play off bound at this stage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Maringer
February 1, 2015, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Plenty of football to be played yet. We just need to keep our good run of form going and hopefully, this will put enough pressure on the teams above us to make them crack.

One thing's for sure, if we're going to have any hope of winning the title (which I agree is still unlikely), we can't afford to have more than one or two poor results for the rest of the season and we need to make sure we take points off any of the top teams when we play them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
chaos33
February 1, 2015, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I agree Ginny

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2015, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Huge 4 weeks for all the teams near the top. Barnet have got to go to Eastleigh, we've got them, Brizzle, Woking and FGR as well as Dover who are in-form. Lots of top table clashes which will ultimately make the table look different by Saturday 4th March.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Run In

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.