2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
newfootballer
January 18, 2015, 10:52am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
   Well what can I say.
What a great result by our Grimsby Town players. Feared the worst when Barnet got that early goal I must admit that we could have just faded away and not contested to get back into the game, but our players reacted just like i wanted them to two great goals almost immediatly and to get a third well that just made my day.

Good luck to Mr. Hurst it cannot be easy when we as loyal supporters are down his neck expecting to get out of this dreaded league by any way means, or physical involvment means.

Lets just get on with the season in the right manner and be a threat in every game to the end of the season  now.

I have to say what a great atmosphere was created in every part of Blundell Park just like the old days tremendous. Has I have said in the old days when Laurie Mac was here, he use to go to the opposition Manager before each home game and shake their hands and say to them

[b" the crowd will beat you today never mind the players"[/b]

so for the final run in to the end of the season lets try and increase the home crowd imput and lets get the right results like we did against Barnett.
Dave Boylen
Logged Offline
Private Message
HackneyHaddock
January 18, 2015, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Excellent assessment.  I live in London so was only able to watch onTV but the atmosphere sounded really good.  The drums, megaphones, flags, fans in the Osmond, whatever it was the club did, got the place going and made 3000 sound more like 13,000.  The supporters and team were united, and that is the key.  Long may it continue.

Dave, as special club envoy, perhaps you can use your good offices to encourage the club to run the same offers and policies for the rest of the season?  It would be great to open up the Osmond stand to Town fans so supporters can move in there to encourage the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
gary_elton
January 18, 2015, 11:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
sent you a PM Dave....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
highcliff mariner
January 18, 2015, 12:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Excellent assessment.  I live in London so was only able to watch onTV but the atmosphere sounded really good.  The drums, megaphones, flags, fans in the Osmond, whatever it was the club did, got the place going and made 3000 sound more like 13,000.  The supporters and team were united, and that is the key.  Long may it continue.

Dave, as special club envoy, perhaps you can use your good offices to encourage the club to run the same offers and policies for the rest of the season?  It would be great to open up the Osmond stand to Town fans so supporters can move in there to encourage the team.

Was in the osmond yesterday , wasn't many in there , 50ish at a guess , but when we scored it sounded like Wembley . Really enjoyed the atmosphere in general , flags looked good ponny lads kept the noise up all game ,and the findus was in good voice .  Well done the club .
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
newfootballer
January 18, 2015, 12:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from gary_elton
sent you a PM Dave....  

I have sent you a reply
DB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
crusty ole pie
January 18, 2015, 1:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Dave

Why do the stewards need to be so involved the lads in the corner of the pontoon were doing a great job creating a special atmosphere that we could all join in then the stewards have to go in why why  why leave them  alone encourage them to create the pontoon roar not intimidate them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
crusty ole pie
January 18, 2015, 1:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Understand we wanted the flags visible behind the goal for tv purposes but let's get a few more spread around the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
January 18, 2015, 2:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Dave

Why do the stewards need to be so involved the lads in the corner of the pontoon were doing a great job creating a special atmosphere that we could all join in then the stewards have to go in why why  why leave them  alone encourage them to create the pontoon roar not intimidate them

They are stewards. It is the only part of there life's where they have any authority therefore they try bullying young kids. It is the same in the lower findus, whenever there is a goal and some people run to the front the stewards try and make themselves look useful by running in front of the advertising boards as if someone is going to run on the pitch. Yesterday was a farce in the lower findus bar, there was plenty of room in there yet they were stopping people  from entering because in the eyes of the stewards it was packed. We employ way to many stewards as it is but the club will insist that it is necessary with the amount of  'thugs' we have.
Reply: 7 - 10
newfootballer
January 19, 2015, 9:41am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1739

They are stewards. It is the only part of there life's where they have any authority therefore they try bullying young kids. It is the same in the lower findus, whenever there is a goal and some people run to the front the stewards try and make themselves look useful by running in front of the advertising boards as if someone is going to run on the pitch. Yesterday was a farce in the lower findus bar, there was plenty of room in there yet they were stopping people  from entering because in the eyes of the stewards it was packed. We employ way to many stewards as it is but the club will insist that it is necessary with the amount of  'thugs' we have.

I do think at times there iare incidents which the stewards could maybe be a little lenient, but it is a difficult job they have to do.

There have been fans over the years to say quitely real characters who have spoilt it for the real genuine fans who just want to echo there support for the club of their dreams Grimsby Town.and that is when the stewards are just doing the job they have been employed to do.

What I would like to see now till the end of the season is for the fans to get behind the club out on the pitch and get that famous roar especially in the Pontoon stand to help the lads out on the pitch.

Not forgetting of course the fans in the McMenemy stand and  the main stand, in my day the corners of Blundel Park were a favourite areas to go.
Always packed out every game. I would love to see that once again so if the results go our way right now to the end of the season maybe that could happen once again
New Footballer

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
lukeo
January 19, 2015, 3:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I've seen a couple of videos of the pontoon top left and have to say well done to them. I'm guessing the club allowed the megaphone, 3 drums flags etc etc in. Well let's keep it that way until the end of the season. Once people see how much fun it is in the top left more and more will go and join in to create a great atmosphere.. Well done everyone. Gutted i missed it on the TV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great result, Great Town fans atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.