4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 18, 2015, 11:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, echo what has been said but i fear we have left it too late to mount a promotion charge unless we do a Mansfield, whilst beating Barnet again and Bristol at home. It's so frustrating having seen us drop so many points at home to average opposition. We could be romping this league ala Crawley and Fleetwood. We have the tools and need to use them better than we have been. If it is to be the play offs again, then we need to go into them with the same attitude as yesterday

Credit to the team, manager and the fans for a great game. We looked fit and strong and ready for the run in. Let's hope it continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
Garth
January 18, 2015, 11:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I thought Palmer made all difference attacking wise yesterday with his non stop running and the ability to hold on to the ball, he took a lot of the pressure off the shop in so much as he had time to ferret about behind Ollie and join him as a twin strike force, normally its the find Lennie`s head game and see what comes of it today we had a plan B, first time all season.

The defense was magnificent again as usual, but if I was to be just a little critical it would be that IMO Parslow looked what he was on the day a centre back playing out of position but he did OK, and IMO Macca should have waited a split second longer before commiting himself for the spot kick as the pace of the ball was not that fast.

Lastly well done PH you out thought Allen,  and the club for lifting the atmosphere to a flag waving party, Oh how I would have loved the same against Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
KingstonMariner
January 18, 2015, 12:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'm not Hurst's biggest fan, but that got the weekend off to a great start. Whatever he did differently yesterday he should take credit for.

More of the same please!  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
dapperz fun pub
January 18, 2015, 12:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,880
Gold Stars: 82
Great performance well deserved victory first to the second ball every time loads of desire throughout the pitch. Still think brizzle will win the league and can see us having more dealings with Barnet come may when it will really matter PS magnay palmer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Fcukthescunts
January 18, 2015, 12:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
If Hurst can inspire the team to play like that the majority of the time he will change opinions. More of the Barnet performance between now and end of Season we will be in play offs performances like Lincoln and we will be down here next season.
Up to team/management team now which route we take....
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
RichMariner
January 18, 2015, 1:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
I just wonder how much of that higher tempo is down to the players.

For all we know, Hurst might send his team out there every game to play with the same intensity as we saw yesterday.

He can ask a lot of the players; he can instruct them; he can tell them what to do, but ultimately when they cross that white line it's up to them. He loses an element of control (like every manager does) and has to rely on them carrying out the duties he's given them.

I only say this because the players seem to be frustrated with themselves that they can't find the consistency, rather than highlighting any changes that the manager made to their approach.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
EY Mariner
January 18, 2015, 1:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
There's no doubt yesterday could be a catalyst for the sort of run that we need to get right back into title contention and, going on the little bit of Twitter activity I saw after the game, the players know that has to be the standard for the rest of the season. But I also can't help feeling that, as well as the team played, the crowd also did its job by sticking with them even when we went behind. I don't know whether that was because there wasn't the expectation of victory that there might be against other teams. But what I hope is that yesterday's result will help us all to pull together and back this team over the next three months or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
acko338
January 18, 2015, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Palmer's mobility and willingness to hold up the ball gives J L-L more time and room, and the width was evident yesterday - Aswad could have had a field day on the left flank yesterday, and three more accurate crosses would have given Palmer at least a hat-trick.

Loads of quick challenges and 90 minutes tracking and running - great to see - always a free player going FORWARD for a pass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
GrimRob
January 18, 2015, 4:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Nuneaton next, the mother of all bogey teams, we have only beaten them one in five attempts in the league.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8502180

Hopefully he will be more upbeat for this game

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 34
arryarryarry
January 18, 2015, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob
Nuneaton next, the mother of all bogey teams, we have only beaten them one in five attempts in the league.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8502180

Hopefully he will be more upbeat for this game

Might not be.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PAUL HURST

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.