Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans (last thread?)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Ched Evans (last thread?)

This thread currently has 2,680 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 7, 2015, 11:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Agreed terms with Oldham athletic.

A gamble but one I feel could pay dividends to them

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Nelly GTFC
January 7, 2015, 12:01pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Lucky illegitimates.

Lee Hughes, now Ched Evans.  Marlon King will be out soon, they will probally sign him as well lol.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
MeanwoodMariner
January 7, 2015, 12:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I'm pleased a club has had the guts to sign him. Our court system convicted him and gave him a punishment they considered befitting to that crime. The mass mob mentality to punish beyond that has been pretty unpleasant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
pontoonlew
January 7, 2015, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
I'm glad they're signing him. It puts an end to the media circus about a bloody League 1 footballer. They'll no doubt try and make his life hell for a few weeks, try and play the law and decide for themselves that Evans shouldn't be working, despite the fact he's served his sentence.

Maybe they'll even hound some of the clubs sponsors to pull out or maybe even ask every single League club whether or not they'd sign him, just to continue their campaign to make sure he never works in his profession again. Oh wait, they already did that...

I'll look on with great interest at his appeal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
FishOutOfWater
January 7, 2015, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm glad they're signing him. It puts an end to the media circus about a bloody League 1 footballer. They'll no doubt try and make his life hell for a few weeks, try and play the law and decide for themselves that Evans shouldn't be working, despite the fact he's served his sentence.

Maybe they'll even hound some of the clubs sponsors to pull out or maybe even ask every single League club whether or not they'd sign him, just to continue their campaign to make sure he never works in his profession again. Oh wait, they already did that...

Wonder what the petition organiser "Jean Hatchet" will make of the latest developments?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....ors-campaigners.html

Wonder if now she'll just bury the hatchet or more likely she'll only be satisfied once Ched Evans himself has been buried?

One thing that puzzles me about the whole affair is how Clayton McDonald's version of what went on that night in the Travelodge gained him a "not guilty" verdict but they jury seemingly disregarded this when he said the woman also agreed to have sex with Evans.

He states in this article "I know Ched and I know he is innocent. The woman agreed to consensual sex"

http://www.birminghammail.co.u.....aller-speaks-6788373

I'm not legally minded but if he was there and he swore on oath that she gave consent, how didn't this carry any weight when it came to the verdict?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 10
Belfast Town
January 7, 2015, 1:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from pontoonlew

As I understand it, his request for an appeal was turned down. It is however being investigated by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, which is a right open to anyone and means nothing from what I understand.  

I think this is an interesting article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30697264.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
acko338
January 7, 2015, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I wonder what will happen if Ched Evans' appeal is upheld at some future point ??

Could he go for compensation against loss of earnings from his conviction date, or if not, from his release date?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
pontoonlew
January 7, 2015, 3:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Belfast Town

[/b]

As I understand it, his request for an appeal was turned down. It is however being investigated by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, which is a right open to anyone and means nothing from what I understand.  

I think this is an interesting article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30697264.

The problem with that article is the fact there is only one answer. No matter what you say about him not 'admitting guilt' you simply would not admit guilt to something you don't believe you did.

If I was in his shoes, no media pressure or promise of an easier life would make me apologise if I thought I had been wrongly convicted. Fighting to get your name cleared is more important than making everybody happy with words he clearly wouldn't mean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
jock dock tower
January 7, 2015, 3:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's a very difficult case. Although he's served his sentence, because it was a 5 year one with parole he's on the sex offenders register for life, and that will stymie a lot of the things he should be involved with as a professional footballer because he won't be allowed near anyone under 16 - so work in the schools etc is a definite no-no.

The web page that is paid for by the father of his girlfriend is being investigated for criminal activity in naming the girl concerned who has had to change her identity 5 times in the last 2 years to stay ahead of a baying mob, nine of whom are now facing criminal charges.

You will only ever hear two sides to this story, but the facts in the cold light of day is that Evans is a convicted rapist, who has showed no remorse or contrition, so in the eyes of the law will be at high risk level to offend again. The criminal cases review, I think, will stick to the letter of the law and is unlikely to overturn the sentence. If it does, and he is a free man it would be very difficult indeed to say to other clubs that they should not pursue his signature as that would then be constraint of trade.

I fully understand both sides of the case, and I fully understand that everybody should have the right to have gainful employment upon serving their sentence. The very obvious sticking point here is the lack of any contrition on his behalf, which as I said previously puts him on very thin ice.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
buckstown
January 7, 2015, 3:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I'm pleased a club has had the guts to sign him. Our court system convicted him and gave him a punishment they considered befitting to that crime. The mass mob mentality to punish beyond that has been pretty unpleasant.

I agree entirely. We're drifting towards a mob rule society. The fact that he's a footballer is irrelevant, he deserves a chance the same as anyone else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
MarinerWY
January 7, 2015, 6:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I agree, however I also think it is for the best that Sheff United did not re-sign him. Although he has served his custodial time and has every right to work and rehabilitation (of course he is still on license), I think his former employer re-signing him would have been a bit off. After all, he was convicted whilst representing their club and I whilst I strongly support his right to return to work as everyone deserves the chance to be continue their lives after having served their time, it would have seemed right if his former club had accepted him with open arms IMO. That he had to seek another employer seems reasonable to me, and I think many professions would act in a similar fashion to this, regardless of media pressure.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans (last thread?)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.