3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 31, 2014, 11:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
I think it is about time this forum and fans in general start to get behind the team, Manager and the club,

Any one on here who thinks we are going to win every game and play free flowing football like the prem is supporting the wrong team.

We will loose a few games between now and the end of the season, We will make mistakes that cost us, so will all the other teams in this league.

It can not help the team, players or anyone else if we have a barrage of Hurst out posts every time we loose a game.

We are in a good position with a slim possibility of going up automatically so whilst we are in this position its our duty as fans to help drive them on not drag them down.
Lets be the 12th man
Happy new year to you all and hope 2015 is our year to get back to the FL
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
December 31, 2014, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
Do you have any song inspiring graphics on the new scoreboard Rob?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
thefish
December 31, 2014, 3:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
I think it is about time this forum and fans in general start to get behind the team, Manager and the club,

Any one on here who thinks we are going to win every game and play free flowing football like the prem is supporting the wrong team.

We will loose a few games between now and the end of the season, We will make mistakes that cost us, so will all the other teams in this league.

It can not help the team, players or anyone else if we have a barrage of Hurst out posts every time we loose a game.

We are in a good position with a slim possibility of going up automatically so whilst we are in this position its our duty as fans to help drive them on not drag them down.
Lets be the 12th man

Cue a Simariner lose/loose correction...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
ackomariner
December 31, 2014, 3:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3

Lets be the 12th man

Makes me laugh this does......we have jf on another thread giving his reasons why things are how they are, then on another thread we have you rob, one of jf best mates spouting the same nearly word for word

I will make my own mind up, and don't need you or jf telling me what I should be doing

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
ska face
December 31, 2014, 4:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,344
Gold Stars: 820

Lets be the 12th man

I can't imagine the manager or players give a monkey's bollock about what's written on a fans forum - they don't read them, or so we're lead to believe.

What definitely isn't helpful, is people such as yourself & the majority shareholder coming on here telling people to be thankful, or happy, or content with the situation everyone is in and the performances that we've seen. If there's one sure-fire way to turn people against you, it's telling them that their opinions are wrong if they aren't the product of the same blind faith that has infected the club at the very top during this decline.

The fact of the matter is the novelty of this division has well and truly worn off for most people. They're sick of spending their weekends and free time travelling to places like Eastleigh, they're sick of teams bringing less than 20 fans and they're sick of being told that it's THEIR FAULT that they might be doing it again next year.

How in Christ's name anyone can say we're not doing our duty as fans, having just had 7100 turn up the other day and 700 stood in the pissing rain & snow at Macclesfield two days before, is beyond me.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
TAGG
December 31, 2014, 4:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Do you mean the over 6000 that turned up for the last defeat???
I have seen every game this season but have now had enough for the rest season.
If you want to score points with ye mate by blaming the fans then good on you but me for one am sick of everything going on at the club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
AlanPoutonsTackle
December 31, 2014, 4:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Everyone I think is behind the team. Fans have expectations and rightfully so. Football is like any other environment. Do the business all well and good. Do not and things will be questioned. I think there is a big distance between passionate frustration , and the want to be out of this league against an actual desire for the team to do not so well and for someone to say told you so. There are those people but I'm not sure they actually go to BP and not sure who they are on here.. Also the mention of free flowing football like the prem. One the prem isn't freeflowing any more than anywhere else, but you have to match that with the opposition. Should our pro players be expected to freeflow against the part timers of Welling. To a certain extent yes we should expect it. Would we expect it against a prem team, of course not.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
AlanPoutonsTackle
December 31, 2014, 4:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from ska face

I can't imagine the manager or players give a monkey's bollock about what's written on a fans forum - they don't read them, or so we're lead to believe.

What definitely isn't helpful, is people such as yourself & the majority shareholder coming on here telling people to be thankful, or happy, or content with the situation everyone is in and the performances that we've seen. If there's one sure-fire way to turn people against you, it's telling them that their opinions are wrong if they aren't the product of the same blind faith that has infected the club at the very top during this decline.

The fact of the matter is the novelty of this division has well and truly worn off for most people. They're sick of spending their weekends and free time travelling to places like Eastleigh, they're sick of teams bringing less than 20 fans and they're sick of being told that it's THEIR FAULT that they might be doing it again next year.

How in Christ's name anyone can say we're not doing our duty as fans, having just had 7100 turn up the other day and 700 stood in the pissing rain & snow at Macclesfield two days before, is beyond me.

Couldn't put it better than this. A real view from a passionate fan. Not this Disney rubbish that some have floating round their heads

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
lew chaterleys lover
December 31, 2014, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231

Lets be the 12th man

Well thanks for that. I didn't realize I had to support the team, manager, and indeed the club in the 55 years I have been skipping along to Blundell Park.

I am sure you mean well, but we have to face facts I am afraid.

Come back again when ONE thing  has gone right. Promotion perhaps, or a new stadium that actually might happen. A strategy for the future maybe, or a transfer fee paid for the striker we have needed since the start of the season to even give us a tiny hope of winning the league.

I am sorry to be so sarcastic but I've had a belly full of this sort of rubbish. It is NOT the fans fault or anyone on this forum (apart from one obviously) that we are in this state. Sadly there is only one person who has the power to do anything about it and his track record is, shall we say, abysmal.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
grimsby pete
December 31, 2014, 5:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Surely it's better to vet your frustration on here,

Than calling the manager / players at the game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to get behind the team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.