Should people stand up in front those sat behind
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Stand up poll

This thread currently has 3,179 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
December 30, 2014, 9:57pm
Guest User
I pay £18 for a seat. So is it acceptable that people stand up in front of me and obscure my view.
Simariner
December 30, 2014, 10:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
I stand when in a promising attacking move (as others around me do also) and sit down after ect...

You do have to respect others around you and I have told some to sit down a few times in the past when it's not needed to stand.

I'm all in for safe standing sections in the new ground (hopefully).

The only times I've stood all game in a seating area was Lincoln and Scunny away
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 11
Marinerz93
December 30, 2014, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 120790
I pay £18 for a seat. So is it acceptable that people stand up in front of me and obscure my view.

Stand up or are you the kind of person who would rather burn than get up and turn the fire down  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 10:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Bit of a loaded question on the poll.

Room for safe standing for those who want to stand up. Seating for those who don't. Family stands for those who don't want their kids to hear swearing. Simple solution really. No to the sanitisation of football.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
northbankmariner
December 31, 2014, 12:17am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from Simariner
I stand when in a promising attacking move (as others around me do also) and sit down after ect...

You do have to respect others around you and I have told some to sit down a few times in the past when it's not needed to stand.

I'm all in for safe standing sections in the new ground (hopefully).

Completely agree with this, I feel it sums most fans up to be honest, sometimes it is hard to stay seated during an attack i always sit straight down again.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
davmariner
December 31, 2014, 12:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Although it's not illegal to stand up in seated areas, it's prohibited in the vast majority of football club's ground regulations that you agree to abide by, by buying a ticket. Rules are rules however much we disagree with them.

Personally would like to see standing return, it's traditional and makes people more likely to join in and chant. Best way to make it happen and for clubs to lobby for change is
To work with them and not rebel by standing up when you're asked not to.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
pizzzza
December 31, 2014, 9:37am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Simariner

The only times I've stood all game in a seating area was Lincoln and Scunny away

Then you're part of the problem im afraid. I suppose you'll say that everyone else was doing it so you did?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
MarinerWY
December 31, 2014, 9:49am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from pizzzza

Then you're part of the problem im afraid. I suppose you'll say that everyone else was doing it so you did?

Scunny away was one of the best atmospheres in recent years, it was a great game. Everyone was stood up, at least around me. And IMO it wouldn't have been the same if folk were sat down. Great atmosphere, great result.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
BIGChris
December 31, 2014, 10:07am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I am convinced the new ground, if it happens, will have safe standing areas for home fans.

At present the ground regulations do not permit standing although surely when a goal is scored etc nobody would try to enforce it? That would be very confrontational! If the stand ups do become a target the stewards must be instructed to treat away fans the same. Over the years I have often been of the view that home fans get banning orders and away fans get nothing for the same mis-demeanours

I agree about the sanitisation of football, there must be room for standees, sitters, singers & even 'happy clappers'  . Unfortunately that probably has to wait for a new stadium which needs our support
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Fcukthescunts
December 31, 2014, 10:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
We have an all sweater stadium so by rights we shouldn't stand up (agree attacking move I am first standing up!!). New ground I think we should have part standing at either end. Many years before we will need a ground to comply with all seater requirements.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stand up poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.