Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the way....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

On the way....

This thread currently has 2,254 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 26, 2014, 5:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Just a quick check, and it's 8 wins, 2 draws and just the 1 defeat against Kidderminster in the last 11 games. The best run of the season so far and some great results against decent sides. The draws against Telford and Altrincham show that it's going to be a difficult league to get out of but we're giving it all we've got in terms of results at the moment.

Bring on Lincoln and Barnet and hopefully another couple of wins. It might just be that we will be the club to put together THAT run this season that sees automatic promotion. Keep the faith, UTM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MyDogsThoughts
December 26, 2014, 5:13pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
You been drinking again?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
jock dock tower
December 26, 2014, 5:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
On and off. Not been licking ma baws though.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
jock dock tower
December 26, 2014, 5:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
The day we play Lincoln Brizzle Rovers play host to Macclesfield. Love a draw there. Three points to Town and second with a game in hand, and a big gap opening up with the chasing pack.

Fortnight back Eastleigh looked to be a huge threat with their games in hand, but they haven't won them. Now they stay a point below us even if they win both the two remaining games they have in hand. I reckon it's looking good, albeit there's bound to be slip ups along the way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
moosey_club
December 26, 2014, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Lincoln have won 4 out of the last 5 in the league so write them off at your peril, we are not great performers at home and now with Toto out and who knows if Magnay will be better by then....by no means a foregone "1" on the coupon.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
acko338
December 26, 2014, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
All Town can keep doing is turn up and win games by good football, not just assuming wins.

Complacency has been this Forum's and Town's downfall several times this season - just need bloody hard work and some skill to beat teams as they come up against us!

This is perhaps the start of suspensions and weird injuries, so the utility players are going to be vital coming into the New Year.

The squad looks good to date, and needs to stay so - Hannah's day may yet come good !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
cmackenzie4
December 26, 2014, 8:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
We should fear nobody, we seem decent at grinding out results, bring on Lincoln!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Garth
December 26, 2014, 9:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
If Magnay is not fit Parsley will fill in for Toto and Bignot at right back against Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
ackomariner
December 26, 2014, 10:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from acko338
All Town can keep doing is turn up and win games by good football, not just assuming wins.

Complacency has been this Forum's and Town's downfall several times this season - just need bloody hard work and some skill to beat teams as they come up against us!

This is perhaps the start of suspensions and weird injuries, so the utility players are going to be vital coming into the New Year.

The squad looks good to date, and needs to stay so - Hannah's day may yet come good !!

You might be right about Hannah, because LJL had a very hard but fair tackle in the second today and looked like he twisted his knee. He played on, but could give him some soreness over the next few days

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the way....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.