1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
December 14, 2014, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
My favourite film of the last 40 years is on tonight (Sun 14 Dec)  on Film 4. Highly recommended, for many reasons. (The Godfather 1 and 2 are still about perfect).

Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams and Minnie Driver star in it.  It won Oscars but I cannot remember the details.  I think that Matt Damon and Robin Williams both got Oscars.

The films would appeal to any adult.  Matt Damon and Ben Affleck co-wrote it. This showed a maturity beyond their years.  They are supposed to be good friends.

The film review site Rotten Tomatoes gave the film 97% and 94%, which is about as good as it ever gets.

I have seen the film 6 or 7 times and still pick-up om great dialogue or little nuances every time.  

One review:
"A towering performance by Matt Damon in the lead, and a superlative ensemble headed by a terrific Robin Williams, elevate “Good Will Hunting,” Gus Van Sant’s emotionally involving psychological drama, a notch or two above the mainstream therapeutic sensibility of its story. Centering on a brilliant working-class youngster who’s forced to come to terms with his creative genius and true feelings, this beautifully realized tale is always engaging and often quite touching.

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I like any film Matt Damon is in,

That one is a very good one that I have seen several times.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Maringer
December 15, 2014, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
One of the few films in which Robin Williams didn't ham it up ludicrously and proved there was a serious actor in there.

A good film, though. Even Minnie Driver wasn't too irritating!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
FishOutOfWater
December 16, 2014, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer
One of the few films in which Robin Williams didn't ham it up ludicrously and proved there was a serious actor in there.

A good film, though. Even Minnie Driver wasn't too irritating!

I always find a BMW driver to be the most irritating!  

Anyway back to the OP...will be setting up a recording for this one. I know I've seen it before but can't recall much about it - set in Italy maybe?? - but anyway it will be something to look forward to when I get around to watching it again
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 5
Maringer
December 16, 2014, 2:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
It's set in Baaawston. Shell suits galore.

The Damon film in Italy was the (surprisingly good) Talented Mr. Ripley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
FishOutOfWater
December 16, 2014, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer
It's set in Baaawston. Shell suits galore.

The Damon film in Italy was the (surprisingly good) Talented Mr. Ripley.

That's the one Maringer...so that's good. I'll be able to watch Good Will Hunting without knowing too much about it (until I get to that moment when you get to recall a certain scene no doubt and you then remember how it pans out)

EDIT

If only I'd read the initial post...missed the showing as it was Sunday last week and not this week so as it's not available on 4oD will just have to wait for a screening some other time
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Film:  Good Will Hunting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.