MarinerWY
November 29, 2014, 12:15am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from nickmariners
Honestly, you sometimes wonder why ANYONE would want to manage or play for Town, given the way some fans are not just judgmental, but even pre-judgmental.

I get it that many posters believe they have greater football intelligence than the manager who has put us in 2nd place, but why be snide about a player who hasn't even stepped on the pitch for us yet?

FFS UTM

This. And they never flipping learn. They never learn when they write-off Clay before he's played a game as a completely ridiculous signing. Who's saying that now?

They never learn when they give John-Lewis some flipping awful reviews after every game, some stepping into open abuse... how many has he scored so far?

And they'll same the same banal excrement every time anyone is signed who isn't Ronaldo or Messi, and they'll think they know better than a manager who's doing pretty well for us.

In short, I agree... intercourse knows why anyone would want to work for this club sometimes...
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
Abdul19
November 29, 2014, 1:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from fleabag1970

Isnt that what you do with rough Diamonds?  i'm sure if they are any good we may be in for them both

Yeah that's true I suppose. I just don't see any more 'next season' logic in their signing than there was in the signing of Luke McCarthy or Dougie Wilson.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 29, 2014, 7:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Trawler

Sorry Woz. We must have been writing threads simultaneously. Yours wasn't there when I logged in.  

It's been a restless night knowing I've been plagiarised

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
denni266
November 29, 2014, 7:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from nickmariners
Honestly, you sometimes wonder why ANYONE would want to manage or play for Town, given the way some fans are not just judgmental, but even pre-judgmental.

I get it that many posters believe they have greater football intelligence than the manager who has put us in 2nd place, but why be snide about a player who hasn't even stepped on the pitch for us yet?

FFS UTM

I agree with the first part to some extent, but be honest he aint like hurst said, exceptional from his stats....and to be fair to anyone with half a brain, with the players he has at his disposal, ronald mcdonald could get us to 2nd place.. IMO hurst is the worst manager with the best players, at this level i have seen in 50 yrs at blundell park
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
MarinerWY
November 29, 2014, 8:05am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from denni266

I agree with the first part to some extent, but be honest he aint like hurst said, exceptional from his stats....and to be fair to anyone with half a brain, with the players he has at his disposal, ronald mcdonald could get us to 2nd place.. IMO hurst is the worst manager with the best players, at this level i have seen in 50 yrs at blundell park

He also sought out and signed a lot of those players, so surely as a manager he should get some credit? Seems quite hard to say we've got good players and not give the manager who signed them any credit at all... surely that we have a squad of "best players" is down to his influence, thus making him, at the very least, a decent manager in that aspect?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
nickmariners
November 29, 2014, 8:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MarinerWY

He also sought out and signed a lot of those players, so surely as a manager he should get some credit? Seems quite hard to say we've got good players and not give the manager who signed them any credit at all... surely that we have a squad of "best players" is down to his influence, thus making him, at the very least, a decent manager in that aspect?

Now, now - don't be unreasonable by using facts in support of your argument
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
nickmariners
November 29, 2014, 8:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82

And some might struggle to accept they dont always agree.

I do however agree with your prior kind offer to shove a sausage where the sun don't shine which was based on your own astute judgment of someone else who is doing quite well for Town.

Btw - Welcome to Grimsby, Nicky W - hope you do well for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 29, 2014, 9:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MarinerWY

That only makes him a good scout.

A good manager is one who gets the best out the resources at his disposal, whether he signed them or not.

Some think PH is good at that, some don't. Next April is the time to judge.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
DocTower
November 29, 2014, 10:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
If that bug that Aswad has got is spreading ideal to get someond in . Didn't Doig say others weren't well . Free Saturday coming up plus we haven't or don't appear to have any link with league clubs to jointly assist bringing on players . Easy access up the 180 , so I have no problem if he gets a game or two and can cross the ball and take a decent corner kick .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 29, 2014, 10:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted Text
[ IMO hurst is the worst manager with the best players, at this level i have seen in 50 yrs at blundell park

Dave Booth?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW PLAYER Nicky Walker - Signed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.