6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 21, 2014, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,019
Gold Stars: 174
I'd personally say Evans was guilty of being a naive idiot in the sense he stupidly went to bed with a drunk woman.

Is that any different to what happens up and down the country most Saturday nights? Not really. Is it a bit odd she filed the complaint after finding out they were footballers?

There's a lot that doesn't add up in the case, not least two men went to trial on the evidence of a girl who claims she can't remember anything. Is Evans this cold callous violent rapist some in the media paint him to be? I'm pretty sure most would agree he isn't, he's served his time. It's not his fault his profession and talents lay in playing football. All rehabilitated criminals deserve the chance at a life, he shouldn't be any different. Some claim he's not showed any remorse. But in reality, would you apologise for a crime you don't believe you committed?

If his judicial review is successful, the media reaction will be very interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2014, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,953
Gold Stars: 64
Not directly related to this situation, but in a more general and theoretical sense, if you have sex with a girl who is worse for alcohol and then ring your mate and say he should come round for some, and your mate is then convicted for rape, doesn't that make you an accessory?

I wonder which is worse - giving a convicted criminal a second chance in life after he has served his sentence or being a chairman and making racist remarks in order to justify hiring a manager who allegedly made racist remarks.

In general, football is like the rest of the world - full of good and bad people and not short of hypocrites.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
fleabag1970
November 21, 2014, 7:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
He was Guilty of Rape not naivity ..............  why is everyone trying to make excuses for him ? because he is a jack the lad footballer?  He is a Rapist end of !!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
pontoonlew
November 21, 2014, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,019
Gold Stars: 174
I'm to put it into a bit of context. How many drunken one night stands do you reckon will go on this weekend? How many of them will result in a 2.5 year prison sentence and a media excrement storm with the sole intention of trying to force that person out of a job?

I personally believe he's guilty of little more than being a naive arrogant idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
grimsby pete
November 21, 2014, 7:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from fleabag1970
He was Guilty of Rape not naivity ..............  why is everyone trying to make excuses for him ? because he is a jack the lad footballer?  He is a Rapist end of !!

If he is a rapist and at the moment he is,

Then so must be the other bloke who played for us,

Just because he met her somewhere else and she walked to the hotel with him,

Does not give him the right to have his way with her when she was too drunk to say no,

If she was unable to say no to one she was unable to say no to the other,

BUT

Even if Evans appeal fails, he has served his time and he needs to work.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
fleabag1970
November 21, 2014, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

If he is a rapist and at the moment he is,

Then so must be the other bloke who played for us,

Just because he met her somewhere else and she walked to the hotel with him,

Does not give him the right to have his way with her when she was too drunk to say no,

If she was unable to say no to one she was unable to say no to the other,

BUT

Even if Evans appeal fails, he has served his time and he needs to work.

But we arnt the judge and jury , you can't have trial by Fishy ............ I agree he needs to work , we all need to work but Footballer ?? that is up to the clubs in question . The fans / sponsors will then decide whether the club was right........... As for Hughes and that other Guy   .. Ive always said the best way to bump someone off is to run them over , the sentances are just too small . Both of them should still be rotting IMO .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
grimsby pete
November 21, 2014, 7:50pm

Exile
Quoted from fleabag1970

But we arnt the judge and jury , you can't have trial by Fishy ............ I agree he needs to work , we all need to work but Footballer ?? that is up to the clubs in question . The fans / sponsors will then decide whether the club was right........... As for Hughes and that other Guy   .. Ive always said the best way to bump someone off is to run them over , the sentances are just too small . Both of them should still be rotting IMO .

If he was a road sweeper he would have gone back to work no problem,

Just because he is a footballer why should we change the law or the rules ?

As for Hughes that is a different matter all  together he should have been charged with murder.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
fleabag1970
November 21, 2014, 7:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Im not saying he shouldnt work but as a footballer he is a role model to Kids all over the country . It is a moral dilema but i agree he should be aloud to work . Like i said that is up to Football . I just hope he doesnt end up at BP

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
grimsby pete
November 21, 2014, 8:04pm

Exile
Quoted from fleabag1970
Im not saying he shouldnt work but as a footballer he is a role model to Kids all over the country . It is a moral dilema but i agree he should be aloud to work . Like i said that is up to Football . I just hope he doesnt end up at BP

I know what you are saying but we can not say the law should be changed because he is a footballer,

I do not think he will end up with us, we have Hamish  

BUT

I would hate it if he went to another conference team and got them promoted at our expense.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
mariner91
November 21, 2014, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from fleabag1970

Anyone daft enough to see that a footballer raped someone and think it's okay is so thick that there isn't much hope for them anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans Again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.