Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our best chance ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 121 Guests

Our best chance ?

This thread currently has 928 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 18, 2014, 9:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
is this our best team in this league so far ?

first 2 season's we will just forget about, but the previous 2 we have made play-offs, and look well on course to do a minimum of that, so i was thinking, is this our best team ?

Brown, Magnay, Arnold, Clay - are they all better than the previous 2 seasons ?

i would personally have Mcdonald in instead of Toto, Maybe Rodman instead of Mckreth
Logged Offline
Private Message
November 18, 2014, 9:52am
Guest User
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
is this our best team in this league so far ?

first 2 season's we will just forget about, but the previous 2 we have made play-offs, and look well on course to do a minimum of that, so i was thinking, is this our best team ?

Brown, Magnay, Arnold, Clay - are they all better than the previous 2 seasons ?

i would personally have Mcdonald in instead of Toto, Maybe Rodman instead of Mckreth

I'd agree although I understand Macdonald has problems with his knees and can't train and there was obviously an issue with him around Christmas last season. I still find Rodman choosing Gateshead over Grimsby to be bizaare. I hope there is more to come from Macreth, a quick look at his career goals record shows he's a 1 in 10 man which isn't really good enough if he's playing wide in a front three for us. He's 0 in 18 I think this season.
Reply: 1 - 7
grimsby pete
November 18, 2014, 9:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
This is certainly our best squad,

If we do not make it back to the league with these players,

I can not see us doing it at all.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
AlanPoutonsTackle
November 18, 2014, 10:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
I think generally our defence and midfield are stronger even if I think our tactics against teams looking for a point are still slightly naive. But I still think we need an out and out goalscorer, easier said than done. We are reliant on The Shop who is doing okay but if his goals dry and they might we are going to struggle to stay up there.I think in January,  Hannah may have to move on to a new challenge and we need to do a smart bit of shopping, then yes i think we have our best chance yet.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
psgmariner
November 18, 2014, 10:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I think our squad is stronger than previous year's but I really wish we had a fit Liam Hearn as we still don't have many players who can create and score out of nothing. Neilson is perhaps our only one and he is not a guaranteed starter and rarely plays 90 minutes.

In relative terms I agree it is our best chance. The league is the weakest it has been since we came down.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
grimsby pete
November 18, 2014, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
I think generally our defence and midfield are stronger even if I think our tactics against teams looking for a point are still slightly naive. But I still think we need an out and out goalscorer, easier said than done. We are reliant on The Shop who is doing okay but if his goals dry and they might we are going to struggle to stay up there.I think in January,  Hannah may have to move on to a new challenge and we need to do a smart bit of shopping, then yes i think we have our best chance yet.

I agree with the above and would like to add,

If an out and out striker was out there and wanted to come to us then yes snap him up,

It would cost us money but worth it when we get promoted,

Sadly that man is yet to be found,

Our weak leak is Hurst be over cautious , he has to get the team to defend higher up the pitch and be more attack minded,

If he does that , we will start winning against these lower teams who are only playing for a draw.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Jarmo.Is.God
November 18, 2014, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
what about the young lad for oxford who scored 2 past us on his debut, then scored in the league on saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
mike_d
November 18, 2014, 10:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
If he scored in the league then he'll not want to come to us, will he?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our best chance ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.