1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
November 10, 2014, 2:09pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Was over for a gig (The War on Drugs for those interested) at the weekend and decided to take in a game at Pollok FC just down the road from my mates house. It was the junior football level that Jock Dock Tower is always referring to. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard. The game was very tight until Pollok scored. The games quality seemed to deteriorate with time post 70 minutes but both teams tried to pass it properly until it got a bit scrappy. The ground was decent enough and the club house (newly opened) was class. If you're ever up in Scotland, I'd recommend taking in a junior match. I'd also recommend The War on Drugs to anyone who doesn't know them.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
jock dock tower
November 10, 2014, 4:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Pollok were relegated from the Western Super League last year, but are widely expected to go straight back up. Until their relegation they, and my team Auchinleck, were the only two clubs with unbroken Super League service, now it's Auchinleck obviously.

Glad you enjoyed your day out there, it's a wonderful old ground. When we play there we usually have the vast majority of the support and and opposite the old stand and behind the goals. We make a day of it, going up on the train and starting off at Crystal Palace Wetherspoons near Central Station before getting a taxi through to Pollokshaws. Into the Wetherspoons there after the game before getting a couple of snifters at the station before heading back.

The most welcome aspect of it is the admission price, just £5, and we look forward to locking horns with them again next year if only for the social side of things!

They play in black and white, of course, which helps things along. Great standard of football and cracking culture as well.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
grimsby pete
November 10, 2014, 4:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jock dock tower
Pollok were relegated from the Western Super League last year, but are widely expected to go straight back up. Until their relegation they, and my team Auchinleck, were the only two clubs with unbroken Super League service, now it's Auchinleck obviously.

Glad you enjoyed your day out there, it's a wonderful old ground. When we play there we usually have the vast majority of the support and and opposite the old stand and behind the goals. We make a day of it, going up on the train and starting off at Crystal Palace Wetherspoons near Central Station before getting a taxi through to Pollokshaws. Into the Wetherspoons there after the game before getting a couple of snifters at the station before heading back.

The most welcome aspect of it is the admission price, just £5, and we look forward to locking horns with them again next year if only for the social side of things!

They play in black and white, of course, which helps things along. Great standard of football and cracking culture as well.

Do you support Auchinleck John ?

I didn't know that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
jock dock tower
November 10, 2014, 6:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's like an illicit love affair Peter, only it's lasted 24 years and will not abate.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
grimsby pete
November 10, 2014, 7:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jock dock tower
It's like an illicit love affair Peter, only it's lasted 24 years and will not abate.

As long as you do not desert the Mariners,

You may have a mistress .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Paris Mariner
November 10, 2014, 10:04pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Do they get paid at that level Jock?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...from Glasgow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.