This thread currently has 935 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 9, 2014, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
I just wondered what football programme you treasure most, my fathers pride and joy was a programme he bought when going to watch England v Hungary in 1953, the result at the Empire Stadium Wembley was England 3 - 6 Hungary which sent shock waves through English football and English football was drastically overhauled after this, some say ultimately winning England the 66 World cup.
It was the first home defeat for England at Wembley to a non - British or Irish team.
My mother in her wisdom when having a clear out binned said programme while father was at work without his knowledge.  

My treasured programme is Leeds United v Arsenal, 6th February, 1974, signed on the back by ( original signatures ) Joe Jordan, Terry Cooper, Paul Madeley, Billy Bremner, Trevor Cherry, Gordon Mcqueen, David Harvey, Peter Lorrimer, Alan Clark, Norman Hunter.

Still waiting for Leeds to win Premiership then sell on Ebay and retire to the sun  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
November 9, 2014, 8:25pm
Guest User
Autowindscreen shield v Bournemouth at Wembley.  
I don't have very many, most have been chucked.
Reply: 1 - 4
cmackenzie4
November 9, 2014, 8:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
11th April 1981     Town v West Ham

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
MyDogsThoughts
November 10, 2014, 8:11am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I have boxes of Town programmes, home and away: sold most of my non-Town ones on ebay years ago.

No real favourite though: get misty eyed sometimes when I drag a box out and remember the season, the games we played, scorers, scores and teams we had.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
fleabag1970
November 10, 2014, 8:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Town V's Notts County  March 1981 ................my first Town Game

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Treasured football progammes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.