2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
November 4, 2014, 9:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Many of you may know the Mariners Trust run the bars at BP, but you might not know about the excellent away bar for visiting supporters. Sharon and her team do an incredible job and the bar gets lots of positive comments from away fans. If you haven't seen it, there are a few pics up here: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....-from-visiting-fans/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
November 4, 2014, 10:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Impressive! well done to all concerned these small changes show great initiative, all we need now is to replace the burger vans with what we are famous for Fish and Chips vans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
November 4, 2014, 10:53am
Guest User
I'm prepared to supply fish at a cost only basis but I'm sure JF has his own contacts in the fish world!!!
Reply: 2 - 18
Southwark Mariner
November 4, 2014, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
i think something similar to M&S' fish and chip pie might work well if someone local could make our own version.

http://www.shortlist.com/instant-improver/food/mands-launch-the-fish-and-chip-pie
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
MarinerWY
November 4, 2014, 1:54pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,939
Gold Stars: 45
Well done the Trust and all involved.

Re: Fish and Chips, it's been mentioned many times, someone at the club please get it done! And the ale thing! Imagine if we got a reputation for great food, and ale at the ground. It'd get a lot more of us in pre-match or eating at half time, and will convince away fans hopefully too, I'm sure a few have earmarked Kiddy for the pies for example...
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
MyDogsThoughts
November 4, 2014, 2:29pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
The problem is we do not get enough away fans to really make any money (I should imagine): looks good though and well done all involved.

Real Ale in the Trust Bars would be great, but the wastage would be problematic. Only opening once a fortnight, any unsold beer from an opened barrel would have to be thrown away. Keg stuff stays drinkable for ever (nearly).

Fish and Chips: same as above really, huge waste potential if unsold/game cancelled. I can see why the club has resisted the call to put the idea in plaice (see what I did there?).

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
GrimRob
November 4, 2014, 3:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We'll definitely have to stop telling away supporters what we "marinate" their fish in if we want to encourage them to purchase our food.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 4, 2014, 3:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
MDT you echo my thoughts exactly regards to the away bar (and I would say very similar to the pontoon).

I find it hard to believe that either bar would go through a firkin of real ale every game. In fact I would say they wouldn't between them. Why not use the plastic bottle option. Yes I know quantity isn't as good, but, it serves a purpose. Speed of service is therefore increased as well as wastage through poor pouring and line cleaning. Stock control vastly made easier. Yes a % of the fans would be annoyed, but, being serious, would that many feel that annoyed if they had to have a bottle of speckled hen instead of draught!?!?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
grimsby pete
November 4, 2014, 3:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from 75
I'm prepared to supply fish at a cost only basis but I'm sure JF has his own contacts in the fish world!!!

Do you ever come down to Suffolk Vicar ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
moosey_club
November 4, 2014, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Couldn't see any actual comments following the links but if this is the same bar under the corner (Scotties?)that was slated last season by some visiting fans then well done.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust bar for away fans at BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.